Job Title: Brand Manager
Department: UK Marketing
Responsible to: Head of Marketing UK
Location: Nelsons House, 83 Parkside, Wimbledon, London, SW19 5LP
Purpose: To be responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing strategies for the selected brands in the UK.
- Develop and implement the local brand strategy and the UK annual marketing plans to deliver P&L targets (including sales and profit).
- Develop and implement effective communication strategy and consumer communication plans, including OOH, digital and social media campaigns driving reach and brand advocacy.
- Liaise with media, creative and brand activation agencies to brief, agree and implement the communication campaigns.
- Liaise with the internal PR and digital team to make sure all of their activities are amplified in line with the brand strategy (requires close cooperation with UK press office manager, digital manager and social media executive/community manager).
- Work closely with the sales team to develop customer specific activities and investment plans to amplify and support consumer marketing plans. Manage and track both consumer and the shopper marketing budget.
- Collaborate closely with the Sales team to gain an understanding of the key objectives & challenges by account. Use this knowledge to make recommendations for promotional activity, product range and account support.
- Collaborate closely with the UK sales team on development and implementation of in-store campaigns to increase brand’s visibility in-store (development of proposal for merchandising solutions and POS materials).
- Collaborate closely with the UK sales team and central Educational team on development of educational materials for pharmacy channel and training materials for retail partners and internal/external sales force.
- Develop actionable consumer insights based on the available and new consumer data, suggest new consumer research to further deepen the understanding of the consumer / shopper and implement with the external research agencies.
- Work closely with Regulatory Affairs department to ensure all communication is compelling to the consumer whilst also meeting regulatory requirements.
- Utilise market (IRI, Nielsen, Boots AdCard) and EPOS data to monitor the brand performance including the mix/cannibalisation within the portfolio, and track initiative results
- NPDs – Provide UK specific input to innovation pipeline led by the global team. Develop a compelling business case and launch plans for new products, align the business objectives with the key stakeholders, develop and implement launch plans.
- Manage all artwork and portfolio changes (EPDs).
This role would be suitable for someone who has previously worked in a hands-on marketing role in the brand activation - local marketing position. We are looking for a team player with a positive attitude, who will be passionate about the brands she/he will be responsible for, and be proactively driving their agenda.
- Degree or equivalent marketing qualification, or proven track record of relevant experience
Key skills, experience and behaviours
- Previous experience in brand management of consumer products for 5+years from FMCG or OTC/Healthcare sectors
- Experience of executing brand strategies, development and implementation of the annual brand plan. Full management of the annual marketing budget.
- P&L management
- Project management
- Experience in managing creative and media agencies
- Working knowledge of the UK retail environment
- Experience of delivering in-store campaigns with major UK retailers that drove uplifts in sales
- Passion for digital marketing and KPIs
- Ability to analyse data and present results
- I.T. literate in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Result driven, passionate and resilient to overcome obstacles
- Team player with strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Proactive with positive attitude
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload – ability to handle multiple priorities
- Enterpreneriual spirit, comfortable with ambiguity
- Previous experience of working with regulated (licenced) products
- Previous experience from Shopper Marketing or Trade Marketing role
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.