Consumer Insights Manager - Strategy & Brand Development
As the Consumer Insights Manager, your role will be to lead and manage consumer insight and research predominantly across advertising, branding and communications. Your responsibilities will include working with departments across the business to feed into strategies (for example, category management and sales tracking teams), manage a Consumer Insights Executive as well as relationships with several third-parties. You will report into the Head of Strategy and Brand Development and will present to our Marketing Director regularly and our Board of Directors quarterly.
What will you do?
- Receiving, analysing, promptly summarising and delivering regular category updates from Kantar Worldpanel
- Receiving, analysing, promptly summarising and delivering regular brand health updates from Walnut and YouGov
- Regularly tracking results on our Brand Radar and implementing insights from this tool into campaign planning for our marketing activities
- Leading and managing bespoke qualitative and quantitative research, including the interpretation of data and research groups with the support of lead strategic agencies (i.e. Karmarama and OMD)
- Providing input into annual marketing strategy plans and KPIs
- Assisting in the development of campaign briefs
- Working with internal Category Management and Controlling departments to analyse internal data
- Providing input for advertising cost-effectiveness analyses (econometrics) alongside the Media team
- Managing relationships, YouGov and Walnut on behalf of the marketing department and Kantar Worldpanel (latter in conjunction with Category Management Insight manager)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with planning teams within the lead strategic agencies – Karmarama and OMD
- Providing quarterly updates to the Board of Directors on consumer market research topics
- Planning ad hoc projects around advertising or packaging testing feeding into strategy development
- Managing a junior team member as well as providing training and on-going development
What will you need?
- Background working within and knowledge of brand health or brand image tracking either within an agency or in-house
- Highly numerate and comfortable working with data
- Confident working with qualitative research groups and pulling together stimulus
- Experience working with external advertising and media agencies
- Strong presenter with experience presenting to senior stakeholders
- Previous line management experience (of at least one person or a small team)
- Econometrics experience would be advantageous
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – especially PowerPoint. Excel skills are beneficial
- Knowledge of or experience working within retail, especially supermarkets/grocery would be extremely desirable
What do we offer?
- Earn from £40,000 with the ability to earn up to £46,690 per annum (subject to experience)
- Additional 10% of your annual salary as London weighting benefit (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 10% discount on Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from experienced team members
Click the Apply button to navigate to our online application form. Please ensure you attach your CV and covering letter.