Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
Salary: £28,000 to £30,000
Contract: 12-month Fixed-Term Contract (with the potential to be made permanent for the right candidate)
Working pattern: Monday to Friday, 9.30 to 17.30
Start date: ASAP
Location: Marylebone, London
About the Role
Whether you are a Social Media Manager looking for a role to truly quench your thirst for creativity, or a Junior Digital Executive looking for your next challenge, this role is a rare opportunity not to be missed!
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager who is passionate about brand tone of voice and content in the digital sphere, who desires to be instrumental in driving what the world’s number one storyteller looks and sounds like on its already hugely popular channels.
The Importance of the Role
The Social Media Manager position represents the most direct and regular touchpoint that The Roald Dahl Story Company (RDSC) has with its fans. Reporting into the Marketing Manager, you will therefore direct and implement brand and marketing plans via digital channels and will also proactively contribute to the growth of the brand through identification of new opportunities for content and collaboration opportunities within the digital and social space.
If you are able to create best in class visual assets and exceptional copy which is representative of the Roald Dahl brand’s unique tone of voice, this role could be the perfect match for you.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager, supporting the digital strategy and planning to define and manage a clear communication approach for each relevant digital comms platform, ensuring that it complements the overall marketing priorities and campaigns for the brand
- Manage the Roald Dahl social media accounts on a day-to-day basis, create content calendars, schedule posts, community management and continually analyse performance in order to derive insights which can be constantly fed into digital strategy
- Work with the wider marketing team to offer creative suggestions on how best to bring brand partnerships to life across the Roald Dahl social channels
- Lead on social activation linked to key calendar dates for the brand, for example World Book Day and Roald Dahl Day
- Manage and optimise RDSC’s ECRM programme, identify opportunities to tactically grow the audience and efficacy of the programme with key audiences and markets
- Implement PPC for key campaign
- Create and implement a Paid Social programme delivering growth in key markets and for target audiences
- Create written and visual assets for the brand which exemplify its unique tone of voice – the Social Media Manager must have both strong design skills and a background in exceptional copywriting for this purpose
- Ensure digital plans are optimised to core audiences (teachers, children, parents) and tailored for geographic market aims
- Co-ordinate with licensee and partner digital teams to ensure all social content featuring Roald Dahl branding is of the highest quality
- Be a driving force in refining the brand’s tone of voice on social and performing tactical testing as part of this refining process
- Audit the brands performance on key channels and continually report back to the business with suggest optimisation tactics
Key Skills and Experience
- Ideally at least three years’ digital experience in the consumer brand sector, either in-house or agency
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experienced user of Google Analytics, all key social platforms for business and ECRM software such as Mailchimp
- Paid Social and Google Ads experience is essential
- Ability to think creatively to provide exciting suggestions regarding how to bring brand partnerships to life online
- Understanding of how to create and implement a content strategy which meets multiple audiences under one brand umbrella
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, with experience producing social content with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro is an advantage. Alternatively, a strong interest and enthusiasm for attending training in this area
- Basic CMS skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work towards strict deadlines
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills both verbal and particularly written
- A keen interest in all aspects of digital marketing, with an enthusiasm for digital innovation and staying up to date with the latest trends
Why Join Us?
We manage the copyrights of the world’s number one storyteller - Roald Dahl. The slate of activity that RDSC works on ranges from new publishing, merchandise and digital products to activating major new films, television series and stage shows. RDSC also develops and implements a range of branded platforms such as the annual Roald Dahl Day and new to market campaign platforms such as Roald Dahl’s Imaginormous Challenge.
We are a collaborative and close-knit team of just over 20 employees, based in a fantastic modern office in Marylebone. We really care for our team - from instructor led weekly on-site Yogalates (think hybrid of yoga and Pilates) and weekly Box-Fit classes, to a kitchen stocked with an assortment of refreshments, and an on-site shower complete with towels and toiletries, we’ve put a lot of thought into creating the perfect office environment and culture for our team.
Please send your CV and tailored cover letter to Livvy Chan (HR Manager) via the Apply button.