Head of Sales and Marketing
Head of Sales and Marketing – Competitive Salary – Southwark, London
The Glass and Glazing Federation are looking for an experienced and motivated Head of Sales and Marketing who enjoys a diverse role, with the ability to oversee multiple brands simultaneously, and operate both B2C and B2B. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in marketing.
This role will oversee and lead the sales and marketing for the five commercial companies within the GGF Group (FENSA, RISA, GGFi, BFRC, Borough IT) that generate the profit to fund the trade federation’s activities, including its political campaigning for the good of the window and door industry and for homeowners.
They will need the drive to take the brands and businesses forward to reach their potential, bringing in new, high quality customers and maintaining existing high retention levels. They will be able to think strategically but not be afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck into execution. They will be confident in developing and delivering go-to-market strategies for new products.
The key responsibilities of a Head of Sales and Marketing include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing, leading and developing the sales and marketing function for the commercial arm of the GGF group of companies, incorporating the five brands into a single strategy
- Effectively aligning marketing and sales strategies to deliver results in line with the budget
- Successfully leading the commercial sales and marketing team, motivating team measures to effectively deliver set objectives
- Developing strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, providing solutions which deliver on investment
The Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) represents companies that manufacture, supply or install glass and glazing products in the UK and internationally. Being the industry authority, the GGF promotes best practice and sets the highest technical and health & safety standards.
The Federation is also the voice of the industry in local and national politics helping shape and influence policy and legislation. As well as offering an array of benefits to its members, the GGF guides and protects homeowners when buying glass or glazing products and services.
The key skills and qualities of a Head of Sales and Marketing:
- Previous experience in a similar role: leading a multi-skilled sales and/or marketing team, with proven results of successfully implementing strategy; coaching, guiding and being a knowledge base; providing effective financial management, delivering to agreed budgets
- Strong leadership skills: able to motivate and get the best out of a team
- Strategic planning skills: able to develop, manage and implement strategy and plans
- A well-rounded individual: innovative, creative and commercially focused; self-motivated and resilient; empathic and able to work with a broad range of people
- A solution-focused approach to team and stakeholder problems, possessing a collaborative mindset, and is analytical and able to draw relevant conclusions
- Knowledge and application of a wide range of marketing and sales techniques and concepts
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills: self-confident and assertive with strong influencing skills, able to negotiate and manage external contracts
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.