Business Development Officer
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER BRIEF
THE BRIGHTEST IDEAS DON’T COME FROM ONE PLACE.
OR ONE TYPE OF PERSON.
Last year 92% of creative jobs in the UK were held by the most ‘advantaged’
in society. That doesn’t add up for anyone.
We’re here to help move the creative, tech and communications industries in a more diverse direction. We’re asking them to think bigger and open their doors to students who don’t normally get a look-in. Students who may never have thought about joining the industry yet are full of ideas.
Creativity doesn’t have a class, but it should have a classroom.
We ask brands and their agencies to give us real creative projects. Then we pass them onto students aged 11-19 to tackle in class (or on their own, online). When they think they’ve cracked them, they pitch their ideas. It’s scary, but exciting. For many, it’s a chance to present in a way they’ve never presented before, and to think about a career they’ve never considered
We want a dynamic marketing professional who can help the Ideas Foundation charity bring creativity into the classroom through increasing income from partnerships with brands and agencies.
With over 35 warm leads and an existing high quality portfolio of clients ranging from Nike, BBC, ITV, Burberry, Canon, Specsavers we need to find someone who knows the brand and agency world and can help show the value of the Ideas Foundation programmes of workshops, creative media camps, future creative talent development and our ideasmaker communities. You can find out more about what do from our website www.ideasfoundation.org.uk and our anthem film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTnXhF_n2d0#action=share
The new hire will be responsible for the
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ACTION PLAN
Each of our board members has committed to identifying at least one lead to generate new business. We want you to catch up with the different brands and agencies we have worked with over recent years and update them on the fantastic work we have been doing and see how we can add value to their business in the future.
We also want to test out new forms of business development using crowd funding and online donations where individual creatives can help generate the creative talent of the future.
We anticipate holding two high profile events each year where we invite brands and agencies to see how our work can help them discover new ideas and new talent.
- Exploiting business development opportunities within the existing client base and identifying opportunities for online donations.
- Manage the new business process
- Following up new business leads
- Ensuring all current new business leads are continually progressed
- Maintaining a database using Salesforce of new business contacts
- Pro-actively identifying new business opportunities and reactivating existing contacts.
- Arranging credentials meetings and securing credentials presentations with selected and agreed industry targets
- Turning presentations about ideas Foundation into business
- Appreciation of the importance of charity objects
- Ability to prepare costed proposals
- Ability to liaise with key staff involved in management and delivery of projects to discuss fulfilment of new business.
THE SKILLS AND PERSONALITY WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Possessing a process-driven attitude
- Good personal skills - comfortable on the phone and good at striking up conversations
- Business focused but with an empathy for charity culture and objects
- Tenacious, determined and bold - a forthright and positive personality
Working out of attractive offices at Sea Containers House where we have a base courtesy of Ogilvy and Mather.
We anticipate this being a flexible role with hot desking and some working from home. Salary is pro rata circa 35k.
What. When. How much.
This is an interim contract for six months.
We would like you to come to us with a proposal on the amount of hours you would dedicate to this project each week and an outline of your fee. Please send across via the Apply button by February 28 2019.