In search of stellar marketer to build our events program.
We're looking for a Marketing Executive— a hungry, curious, exceptional person to join our Marketing team in London and to focus on Event management. The Tessian Marketing team is a new multidisciplinary group comprised of people specializing in brand, digital strategy, events, content, design and PR. Our mission is twofold: demand generation and brand building.
The key objective of Marketing is demand generation. We are laser-focused on filling the the top of the funnel with qualified leads to handover to Business Development. Events are one of our most important and effective channels to engage with prospects and generate leads. We have an ambitious plan for 2019 comprised of global industry events and Tessian-owned curated experiences. We have one amazing marketer dedicated to event management, and we’re seeking a partner to join her in creating an events machine within Marketing.
You’ll be responsible for flawless execution, ensuring the Tessian message is communicated through every event touch point, and for diligently measuring impact. You’ll report directly to our Head of Marketing and work in partnership with our Events Associate. This role demands tremendous attention to detail, high energy and high EQ. Additionally, as all Events are cross-functional by nature, you’ll collaborate with Business Development, Outbound Growth and Client Development teams.
As an Events Executive you will:
- Organise, plan and execute trade shows and company events, creating event budgets and proposals.
- Create the overall events strategy and calendar
- Define event goals and objectives to support wider company and marketing goals.
- Execute logistics, administration, planning and preparing of event materials, alongside managing all three phrases of an event program: pre-event, during event and post-event
- Ensure events are carried out within budget and quality standards
- Collaborate with outbound growth, business development and client development teams to drive sign ups and event success
- Track and report event outcomes and measure ROI and efficiency of events using Hubspot and Salesforce
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Holds degree level education (or other relevant experience)
- Has 2-5 years experience in events marketing/production or creative/advertising agencies
- Has existing relationships with 3rd party cybersecurity event organizations and/or relationships with event organizations from priority sectors (eg finance, legal, healthcare)
- Has excellent verbal + written communication skills energized by meeting new people and being immersed in social activity
- Is highly organized and enjoys multi-tasking
- Has experience running events
- Is comfortable working independently to ambitious deadlines
- Can bring ideas and vision to shape how we communicate ideas through different formats
- Has general enthusiasm and a can-do attitude
- Is curious about technology
Why we think you'll love it here:
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role
- Everyone gets 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions are made towards your pension
- You’ll get a brand new Macbook to work on
- We have a communal company lunch twice a month, and regular team socials and activities
- There are plenty of office snacks including fruit, nuts, bread, and cereals, and amazing coffee
- We offer a cycle to work scheme, eyecare vouchers and childcare vouchers
- Weekly yoga sessions in the office
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance including flights, accommodation in an AirBnB for 3 weeks, and salary payments to an international bank. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move
Tessian is a machine intelligent email security platform to automatically prevent cybersecurity threats like spear phishing, misaddressed emails, unauthorized emails (data loss) and non-compliance.
We’re a team of mathematicians, data scientists & engineers building breakthrough machine learning and natural language technology to analyse, understand & protect enterprise email networks.
We’ve just announced our raise of £9m ($13m) in a Series A round led by Balderton Capital and Accel Partners. Last year our business grew 400% and our team expanded from 13 to 120 people; we have ambitious growth plans for the next year, spanning all areas including our product offerings and our sales & marketing divisions. We’re excited about where this next phase of our growth will take us - we hope you are too, so we encourage you to apply today to be part of the next leg of the Tessian journey.
We’re backed by world-leading venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Improbable & Transferwise & we’ve been named on the prestigious Forbes 30 Under 30 list, crowned the “Best Security Startup” by WIRED magazine, and awarded “Best Innovation in Data Protection & Privacy” by CogX.
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. You can read our equality and diversity statement here. We're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM, and our CFO is the Chair of the WISE Young Professionals' Board.
How to apply
Please click on the 'Apply for this Job' button below to be taken to the application form which will collect all the necessary information.
Want to make your application stand out? We value well thought-out, Tessian-specific cover letters; you can write yours in the 'Additional Information' section of the application form.
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.