Regional Marketing Specialist
Job title: Regional Marketing Specialist
Location: London, Euston
1 year fixed-term contract
BMJ are looking for a passionate and dynamic marketing professional, who has experience in a healthcare, public health, international development or governmental context, to deliver marketing communications for a high profile, multinational training programme.
The Regional Marketing Executive will support effective registration and adoption of the programme by doctors, deliver marketing campaigns that generate high levels of usage and engagement with the clinical content, and provide evidence of programme impact both qualitatively and quantitatively. It is essential that you will be able to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment and liaise with customers and stakeholders at all levels. As part of the role, you will be required to travel to a number of countries to deliver stakeholder and user engagement. This requires confidence, presentation skills, initiative, sensitivity and diligence.
This role reports to the Marketing Manager for Global Health (MMGH) and is part of the BMJ Institutional Marketing team. You will work specifically with the Global Health & Partnerships team as part of a cross matrix project team dedicated to delivering BMJ’s Clinical Decision Support Training Initiative.
Understanding Customers and Audiences, and Building Customer Relationships
- Liaise directly with customers and users to to deliver the programme. This will include one-to-one meetings in country.
- Deep understanding of customer needs, audience profiles and product positioning relevant to the healthcare training programme
- Build relationships with key contacts within a number of countries, to seek feedback in partnership with the MMGH and in-country Implementation Leads via; telephone, questionnaires, events and social media.
Managing Internal Relationships
- Manage internal relationships (with other departments; including Global Health and Partnerships, and Consumer teams) to ensure marketing project deadlines are met. Be able to confidently articulate and communicate customer and funder requirements to internal stakeholders and collaborate to effect change.
- Deputise for the MMGH when required.
Marketing and Communications
- Support the MMGH in devising marketing plans that take account of the market, competition, appropriate messaging and communication strategies to fulfil the client’s brief and deliver and effective product and customer support for users. This includes analysis of user trends, market landscape, and cultural requirements to deliver fully optimised marketing and communications programmes.
- Deliver customer engagement strategies and activities which we are targeted against; these strategies include email marketing, online advertising, event attendance, case study/testimonial creation liaising with key personnel at hospital institutional level to engage the relevant doctors/researchers.
- Manage external communications via established country portal pages, focusing on driving usage and conversion.
Reporting and Analysis
- Monthly reporting on campaign outcomes and marketing driven lead figures. Evaluate the results and trends and make recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Analyse the ROI of campaigns and devise strategies for improvement each time.
- Control budgets for each campaign. The Regional Marketing Executive (RME) would, with their knowledge of the appropriate channels, devise the marketing campaign, negotiate prices, and measure effectiveness.
- Seek opportunities to reduce costs
- Review effectiveness of spend to generate better marketing ROI year on year.
- BA (Hons) or equivalent relevant experience
- CIM Diploma (or working towards)
Skills & experience:
- Communications within a healthcare, public health or governmental environment
- Internal and external communications
- Digital marketing including web management, web copy, and social media management
- Planning and programme management
- Customer insight and relationship management
- Working to limited budgets
- Representing the company at relevant conferences and external events
Some international travel will be required to fulfil the duties of this role.
BMJ takes pride in its people and is committed to being an inclusive employer. As a values driven organisation, we support individuality and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates. We are open to discussing flexible working options.