Email & Direct Marketing Manager
Thought is an award winning fashion business that is rapidly growing in strength and reputation through its innovative clothing designs from natural and sustainable materials. Founded in Australia in 1995, Thought, (formerly Braintree Clothing) launched in the UK in 2002. Our collections borrow from nature and the world around us. Both in the fabrics we use and our design inspiration. From seed to stitch, every unique piece has been carefully crafted. Always using sustainable, natural fabrics. And always designed so they're effortless to wear. Thought has a thriving Wholesale business with more than 1,000 stockists across UK and internationally and a rapidly growing ecommerce business dispatching globally.
The strength of the Thought brand has been created with the energy, commitment, talent and enthusiasm from all of its employees to deliver the highest standards. Therefore, the key to the success of our business is the contribution of our staff.
Due to the fast growth of the online channel we have an exciting opportunity for an Email & Direct Marketing Manager to join the team. You will work closely with the Head of Marketing and the Head of E Commerce to grow the customer database profitably via recruitment and retention campaigns.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Being customer centric with a passion for creating data driven marketing campaigns.
- To lead Thought’s Email & CRM strategy with a clear vision of what ‘good’ looks like and to deliver significant growth in the customer database.
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing and other team members to create and deliver a synchronised set of marketing activities to deliver the company’s business plan.
- Own and manage an agreed spend and revenue budget covering an agreed range of activities and timings.
- Manage all marketing interactions with individual customers (or support other team members in providing data for their activities). Currently this covers specifically email and postal mailing, but may in future include other channels.
- Increase the quantity and value over time (VOT) of customers through effective targeting and communication within agree budgets.
- Help the team set targets for customer acquisition (e.g. quantity, cost) and retention (e.g. cost, VOT), proposing the means of achievement, implementing the agreed plans, and evaluating performance on a weekly and monthly basis through a succinct set of reports.
Other Key Accountabilities:
- EMAIL MARKETING
- CRM & DATABASE MARKETING
- DIRECT MAIL
Desired Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level in marketing/database marketing
- Has similar experience in a similar role
- Experience of Content Management Systems & Database Management
- Has a proven track record of growing an email database and growing email sales
- Expert knowledge in deployment of email & platforms data solutions
- Creative approach in developing successful content strategy
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Extremely IT savvy
- Strong communication skills, can manage upwards and sideways
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well within a small team while building strong relationships with other business functions is essential
- Ability to source and interpret customer data to drive s & profitability
- A can-do attitude and willing to go the extra mile
- Ability to think commercially
- Passionate, enthusiastic and enjoy working in a constantly growing and evolving department, close-knit team and ambitious company
- A high degree of analytical thinking and numerate yet also comfortable with the operational & implementation aspects of the role
- Data driven with a high level of technical ability
- Interest in sustainable/ethical clothing, fashion or retail
If you think this position suits you please submit your CV and an application letter below.