Internal Communications Manager
Internal Communications Manager
Location: Kingston University, Kingston Hill, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT2 7LB
Salary: £43,882 -£51,767
Hours: 37 hours per week Type: permanent
Closing date: Wednesday the 30th of January 2019 Midnight
Interviews: to be held on Wednesday the 6th of February 2019
Kingston University are offering a fantastic opportunity for a talented Internal Communications Manager to lead an overhaul of the University's internal communication strategies.
At Kingston University we are committed to making a real difference to our students’ lives and the wider community we serve. Delivering inspiring teaching and producing graduates sought after for their knowledge, confidence and energy are at the heart of everything we do.
Our reputation is growing, and with our continued ambitious programme designed to enhance the student and staff experience, we now need an experienced internal communication professional to join our busy communications team.
The successful candidate will support the leadership team in telling the University’s story to staff and students and develop the strategies to underpin our engagement activities.
A creative communications leader, you’ll have a real way with people. An expert influencer and problem-solver, you will have experience in gathering evidence and creating strategies and plans to deliver the most effective communication with staff and students.
You will inspire your team and enable exceptional practice through your supportive and nurturing leadership. You will work in tandem with the wider communications team to ensure the University speaks with one voice for all audiences and develops our brand ambassadors from within.
This role reports to the Director of Communications and will require you to work with stakeholders across the University, including students, staff and alumni and to work closely with the senior leadership team.
You will have experience of managing and delivering large internal communication projects including change communication within large, complex organisations, and hold exceptional communications, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Your new role- As the Internal Communications Manager, you will be responsible for leading the redevelopment of the University’s internal communications approach across multiple channels. You will lead work to review the content, structure and design of the University’s internal communications presence, ensuring it showcases the breadth of the Institution’s activities and meets the needs of its diverse audiences.
In addition, you will play a central role in other projects within the team, creating content as needed and sharing your knowledge and experience with the broader community at Kingston University. This varied and high-profile role will ensure that the University is performing in accordance with its mission, vision and strategy.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have demonstrable experience of the following:
- Proven experience of managing internal communications in a complex organisation.
- Significant experience of developing, implementing and evaluating communication plans.
- Experience of communicating complex issues clearly to a wide range of audiences.
- Extensive knowledge of best practice in internal communications and engagement.
- Proven success in developing targets and achieving positive communication outcomes.
- Good knowledge and experience of evaluation techniques and practices in communications, including working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research techniques.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the modern communications environment, including social media and digital communications.
- You will be able to motivate and drive a team forward and have excellent line management skills.
- You will have an excellent understanding of the importance of key messaging, tone of voice and brand consistency, and will hold skills to write engaging content for a range of audiences.
- This role requires engagement with a wide range of stakeholders, so it is essential that you hold outstanding communication skills and a strong ability to build effective relationships.
- You will need drive and resilience, with the ability to analyse situations and influence others, and to take a flexible and creative approach where needed.
What you'll get in return
This role is a critical role – you will receive support from across the University community. You will have the rewarding opportunity to make a significant impact on the long-term success of Kingston University, contributing to its mission to pursue excellence. This is a fantastic opportunity that will appeal to a proactive internal communications manager, with strong content development skills, who would relish the opportunity to be stretched and challenged.
Annual leave – 35 days per annum plus eight UK bank holidays.
Pension - membership of competitive pension schemes with generous employer contribution and a range of extra benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Contact: Verity Slade –Senior Business Manager
Office: Ebury Gate, 23 Lower Belgrave Street, London,SW1W 0NT