Brand Communications Manager
All around the planet we’re using the power of colour and technology to make the places in which we live, work, learn and play more fun, uplifting, sustainable and beautiful. We are world leaders in colour expertise, trend forecasting and product innovation with a portfolio of market leading global brands including Dulux the UK’s most loved and trusted Iconic paint ‘Superbrand’ (so you’ll get to make friends with our lovable Dulux Dog!). We are a company that will positively encourage your input, welcome your ideas and act on them. Join us on our mission to inspire and enable everyone to create their own beautiful living space and help us add colour to the hearts, minds and walls of another 1 million customers.
We are now looking for a talented individual to join our team as Brand Manager, Dulux Communications.
Partner with agencies to define, create and deliver outstanding marketing communication plans delivering a seamless customer journey both online and offline. To include:
- Leading creative work that drives tangible business and brand growth and excites consumers.
- Developing brief to expected standards – including clear KPIs, budget and timeplan – aligning key stakeholders and delivering the brief to agencies.
- Developing and managing agency delivery against the brief; managing responses, collating and delivering feedback, manage creative process through to agreed Creative Proposal in line with expectations outlined in the brief.
- Managing coordination of creative production process, working with agencies, other Akzo teams (e.g Shopper, Digital) to ensure assets are developed to appropriate standard, delivered on time, in full and on budget.
- Monitoring execution of campaign in line with KPIs, managing teams and stakeholders to adjust executions and activation as needed, and collating performance data to deliver clear Measurement and Evaluation plan, including evaluation of commercial returns.
- Own and lead the Dulux brand communications which includes:
- Being the go to resident passionate expert in your area.
- Being able to confidently present and communicate your plans across the whole of the business.
- Ensuring we have the right communications mix to deliver the commercial success of our brand plans.
- Learn about our consumers and maintain an in-depth understanding of their needs.
- Support the development of annual brand plans.
- Manage A&P spend effectively.
- Collaborate across the business to bring our experience and expertise together to ensure first class development and execution of our marketing plans including; the Brand team, Customer Marketing, Commercial teams, Insight, Innovation & the Global Team.
- Champion the ‘Dulux Way’ of doing things…which means bringing your plans to life by exciting colleagues and all of our customers with your knowledge, expertise and passion. Live and breathe our values in the way you work.
What you will need to succeed:
- Self-starting, energetic, results driven marketer with a passion for developing brands and a keenness for using creativity to succeed in challenging markets.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong time and project management skills required to consistently meet deadlines.
- Champion of consumer/customer insight as the foundation to marketing activities.
- Really collaborative working style, a team player.
- Great presenting skills + passion for bringing brands to life for others, the ability to present recommendations in senior forums.
- Proactive with the desire to show leadership on anything brand related.
- Eye for detail and passionate about how the brand is represented.
- Degree educated with demonstrable marketing brand and communications experience in high performing businesses (ideally FMCG, Retail or DIY industries).
- Have experience in leading communication campaigns from creation through to launch.
- Cross functional/market experience (Customer Marketing, Sales, Innovation, Insight, Global).
- Passion or track record for working on brand communications.
- Proven project management and the ability to prioirtise effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
In return we can offer you
We believe we can only grow our business as fast as we grow our people. We are passionate about making Akzonobel a brilliant place to work. We engage, enable, empower our people to succeed by taking care and investing in developing ourselves, each other, our communities and the environment. We want everyone to be happy and motivated coming to work and as such we are open to a chat about flexible working. We can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a dynamic business with career opportunities. If you think you have everything were looking for and more we would love to hear from you.