Chief Marketing and Communication Officer
Chief Marketing & Communication Officer
About the role
This is a unique role which will give the individual the scope to shape and create the team to make a lasting defining impact on the Birmingham 2022 Games.
The role will be a member of the Executive Management team of the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee (OC) and he/she will oversee all aspects of marketing and communications for the organisation. This position will also be responsible for managing the development and implementation of the branding and identity programme for B2022. The successful candidate must assemble a team of qualified, talented and motivated individuals to deliver an outstanding Marketing and Communications programme.
You will be responsible for developing a strategic and operational marketing plan for the 2022 Commonwealth Games and its image and look that will communicate key Games messages to a wide variety of key target groups in the years leading up to the Games in 2022. In doing so you will generate positive awareness of, and interest in, the Commonwealth Games and the Games brand. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide advice and counsel to the Chairperson, Chief Executive and other members of the senior management team on issues of sensitivity, corporate strategy and corporate reputation
- Oversee all OC communications to ensure consistent, high quality and engaging material is produced in line with the OC’s brand values
- Recruit, manage and motivate an outstanding team of professionals that will support all marketing and communications functions of the OC, including market research, advertising, communication, promotion, engagement, publications and the official Games website.
- Provide strategic direction and lead the development and delivery of the OC’s external communications, promotions and engagement programmes
- Manage significant marketing and communications budgets, team, strategies, identity, brand and relationships.
You must have significant senior experience working at Board level in media /public relations in large high-profile organisation/s with a good track record of managing significant budgets and experience of out-sourcing contracts and contractor/supplier relationships
Strongly networked locally in the media landscape of Birmingham and the West Midlands
A real motivator who is able to inspire a broad team through effective leadership and development and Politically astute with the ability to think strategically.
Experience of working with a range of public and private organisations including local authorities, government agencies, voluntary and other stakeholders
Considerable experience of leading on marketing including working in a senior Marketing role
A wealth of relevant experience in design and development of Public Relations communication strategies and tools
Higher Education qualifications in Media, PR or other relevant discipline
Membership of a relevant Professional Body (desirable)
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and communities.
Apply by clicking the Apply button.