Purpose of the team:
The Digital Communications team sits within the Communications department and is responsible for identifying and delivering effective, timely, relevant and engaging digital communications that prioritise customer needs. This includes website and social media management and development, leading on e-communications, producing high-quality video and providing data-led guidance to colleagues on audience engagement. Our ambition as we develop is to build on the knowledge and insight we have of our key audiences and use our expertise to develop the highest standard of digital communications backed by creativity, data and a strong brand.
Purpose of the role:
The E-Comms Editor is the lead for e-communications content and strategy across the organisation. You will strategically develop our e-communications platforms, ensuring the most effective use of content, analytics and platform functionality. You will identify opportunities for improvement for e-comms across all audiences and lead on implementation. You will set, monitor and respond to engagement metrics.
You will ensure effective email journeys for applicants to our programmes and those engaging with our work. Working with the Recruitment Marketing Managers, you will develop and review sophisticated and engaging data-led e-mail journeys that compel recipients to take action.
You will set up and maintain an effective framework of user roles and workflows to support colleagues from other areas of the organisation who use our e-mail marketing platform. You will proactively develop training for colleagues and identify and share best practices, so they are confident and supported to deliver high-quality e-communications. You will work with our Technology department and external tech support to ensure the platform is iteratively improved and always functional.
You will not produce all the content required for our emails but will be responsible for its quality and effectiveness. Through a combination of platform setup and editorial workflows, you will facilitate colleagues to produce high-quality content and institute checks to gauge this. You will be the guardian of our brand across e-communications, ensuring that the emails we send support our evolving brand.
At this level you will:
- Develop and manage our e-communications platform to ensure that we are maximising functionality and effectiveness • Make recommendations to improve our e-communications, based on industry best practice and new opportunities
- Provide expert support for the delivery of e-communications, developing high quality systems and training for colleagues across the organisation
- Provide expert insight to develop effective email-marketing campaigns
- Consult on the functionality and stability of our e-communications platform
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being the organisational lead for e-communications
- Developing and managing our e-communications platform to ensure that we are maximising functionality while delivering excellent content
- Planning and delivering effective email journeys for those applying to our programmes
- Working with the Recruitment Marketing Managers to review and develop sophisticated and engaging e-mail content and campaign plans – including segmentation, personalisation and automation - to compel people to apply and start our programmes.
- Drawing on best practice in the sector and beyond to ensure we are at the cutting edge of ecommunications, making recommendations for changes and improvements
- Providing expert support for e-mail creation, optimisation and delivery, developing excellent systems and processes to enable colleagues to send high-quality e-communications with minimal support from Marketing and Communications
- Developing and delivering training, processes and standards for our e-communications
- Being the editorial lead for e-communications, ensuring content is of the highest quality and adheres to our brand
- Taking an active and critical data-led role in developing the content strategy for the organisation
- Acting as lead for e-communications analytics, identifying metrics, reporting on data and recommending strategies based on analytics, customer needs and marketing goals
- Working with our Technology department and external tech support to ensure our ecommunications platform is functional and continues improving over time
The critical responsibilities of this role are described above. They may be subject to reasonable changes from time to time in line with business need. As part of the role you may be required to travel to other UK locations from time to time. You will also be required to attend away days/retreats and the annual “Offsite” event which is mandatory for all employees.
Essential skills and experience:
- Two to three years’ experience working with e-communications platforms at an equivalent level
- Experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Sales Cloud
- Ability to maintain and develop a wide range of relationships and offer strategic advice on ecommunications for a range of audiences
- In-depth understanding of innovations in e-communications and of developing these into implementable plans • Expertise in planning and delivering email-marketing campaigns
- Experience developing data-led e-communications content strategies for a variety of different audiences
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and to work flexibly
- Experience of developing and implementing new processes and procedures, including developing frameworks for the delivery of e-communications
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
Desirable skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Working knowledge of Ampscript
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Ability to develop and deliver training programmes • Basic photo editing and graphic design skills
All our employees are expected to model our values and help others to do so.
Teach First’s core benefits include 27 days holiday per annum (3 of which must be taken during the one week holiday shutdown period between Christmas Day and New Year's Day), participation in the pension scheme via Salary Exchange (with an employer contribution of up to 6%), life assurance, income protection and private healthcare. Through our flexible benefits platform access to childcare vouchers, interest free travel season ticket loan, subsidised dental membership, health screening, discounted gym membership, travel insurance, GAYE and the option to buy/sell annual
How to apply
To apply for a vacancy at Teach First you are required to complete an online application form. Please have your CV and covering letter ready to upload. If you are an internal candidate, please apply via your HR Self Service menu after informing your line manager of your interest.
We aim to provide feedback to all applications within 10 working days from the closing date. For this role first round interviews are likely to take place on 9th January with second round interviews on the 16th January.