Head of Marketing
HEAD OF MARKETING
USN UK Ltd is a dynamic sports nutrition company. Our ethos of #CHALLENGE YOURSELF defines the way our team embraces every piece of work, every project, every day.
We are looking for an exceptional marketeer to take our brand to the next level. If you have proven experience in innovating and breaking down barriers and want to lead a focused, driven team, we want to hear from you!
As our new Head of Marketing, you will be a sales driven, hands-on leader with a strong, commercial focus who has achieved success in a fast moving consumer environment preferably to a youth or millennial audience.
Commercially astute with strong management experience and a good understanding of business development and channel management, you will have successfully grown and developed other marketing professionals, aligned to business performance and success.
Based at our head office in Longbridge, Birmingham, you will:
- Lead the Marketing Team (UK and International) to develop and achieve brand goals, ensuring excellence in execution and alignment with our brand strategy.
- Be responsible for delivering brand vision and guidelines, as well as strategic activities to deliver the vision.
- As part of the Brand vision, deliver guidelines on channel of sale and recommended pricing.
- Be the overall owner and oversee the development and implementation the marketing activity plans, identifying and using every opportunity to increase sales and create brand awareness.
- Be the overall owner and oversee all media related activity and management of all activity via external agencies.
- Lead the Online Marketing team in achieving our goal to become the opinion leader, and first point of reference in Sports Nutrition in the UK and in Europe
- Understand the market and competitor activity and establish processes to monitor key competitor activities in the market.
- Identify which primary and secondary research is necessary to direct the brand and sales activities to deliver the brand vision. You will be responsible for regular reviews of research we are buying or undertaking, as well as its budget. You will be able to analyse and interpret market data.
- Be a key member of the Leadership Team, actively participating and contributing to the overall company strategy development and execution.
The successful candidate will ideally have a degree in Business with an emphasis on Marketing. A knowledge and passion for sport and sports nutrition would be an advantage.
You will be experienced in implementing strategy and have a track record in successful brand building as well as have an excellent knowledge and understanding of both online and ‘traditional’ marketing. You will have experience of delivering success bringing the best use of the two marketing spaces together.
Our ideal candidate will be from a broad retail marketing background, preferably FMCG, with experience of working in a product focused environment, ideally selling into the specialist trade.
Excellent project management skills are a must, with experience of successfully managing multiple projects, priorities and people simultaneously.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to grow and develop in an incredible company where the focus is on challenging yourself and continually striving to improve and exceed your personal and our business goals.
Are you up for the #challenge?