Head of Marketing, UK & International
Oppo – Head of Marketing, UK & International
An outstanding opportunity to take the marketing reigns of a on-trend SME looking to further accelerate already impressive international growth. Oppo is an award-winning low calorie ice cream and desserts brand on a mission to change the way people eat by creating #goodtemptation and become the #1 healthy indulgent brand across Europe by 2021.
Who are Oppo?
Founded and launched in 2014 by brothers Charlie and Harry, Oppo is a real success story already enjoying listings throughout the UK, Europe and beyond. Great products, quality innovation and superb distribution have underpinned success to date and over the next three years the business plans to become a household name with turnover approaching £50m.
The arrival of new competitors and the focus of traditional brands in the “better-for-you” ice cream market has seen a huge boost to the category and Oppo are exceptionally well placed to take advantage of the increased focus in healthy indulgence.
Culturally, Oppo is a modern, vibrant and exciting food business with a clear mission and great values. Through hard work, great advice, humility, good investment, outstanding products and more hard work, the company now has structure, tempo and real character.
Business growth has led to higher expectations and bigger challenges on a much larger scale (International sales now account for more than 60%). A leadership team has been employed to oversee Sales, Finance, Operations and Product Development allowing the founders the time and scope to focus on growth, investors and business planning. Until now, Harry has led the Marketing department but following the arrival and positive contribution of the other “Heads of”, and the ambition to become the #1 healthy brand across Europe, it’s time for an external expert to take the marketing helm and drive the team and brand forward.
The new Head of Marketing will be given the responsibility and accountability to lead, coach and develop a talented and highly motivated marketing team that have real ownership, are encouraged to stretch in order to fulfill their potential and are ready to meet the demands of a fast-growing international brand. Through this team, the Head of Marketing will be expected to:
- Build, redefine if necessary, and amplify the Oppo brand, consumer awareness and trial
- Set strategic direction for the brand and marketing activities for application across all international markets
- Lead the team to create exceptional marketing communications across all consumer, shopper and retailer touch points
- Contribute positively as a leader of the business beyond your function by demonstrating role model behaviours and focusing on the vision and decisions that “help the team win”
The talent profile
We’re looking for exceptional talent with the right blend of FMCG marketing experience, growth ambition, entrepreneurial instincts and interpersonal fit.
- Marketing team leadership experience at Senior Marketing Manager, Head of or Director level
- Majority of career in FMCG including significant time in food and/or drink categories
- Experience of working in an SME business highly desirable
- Strong understanding of UK and European retail with experience of leading global, export and/or international marketing
- Experience of building premium brands with a clear point of difference
- Evidence of using modest budgets to build brand awareness and consumer loyalty across all media channels, especially digital and social
Interpersonal style & approach:
- An instinctive marketer with strong intuition, good judgement, balanced commercial and creative acumen
- Ambitious with relentless desire to get things done and high degree of personal accountability
- Low ego, high ambition, resourceful, grounded and hard working
- An individual who has a track record of getting the best out of their people and their agencies with an inspiring collaborative and inclusive style
- Evidence of having a lack of patience with convention and a track record of setting a new standard in a way that a brand communicates with consumers
The search and assessment process is being managed by our retained partners at bpesearch and applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting OPP/27210/DK. Please note that all direct and 3rd party applications will be forwarded to bpesearch for consideration.
Apply for Head of Marketing, UK & International
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly