Head of Strategic Marketing Planning
12 month fixed term contract
Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Then join us as Head of Strategic Marketing Planning, playing a key role in driving integrated marketing planning and effectiveness for Save the Children.
Marketing plays an essential role as we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Head of Strategic Marketing Planning, you will oversee the public marketing communications plan and £15m budget across channels, products and campaigns, working with stakeholders across divisions to maximise effectiveness of our marketing communications spend and ensuring that our approach to marketing communications is optimised to deliver on our strategy and our long-term goals. You will:
- Be responsible for directly influencing how the organisation drives income growth from the public working with senior leaders and directors across two Directorates to achieve the greatest long-term returns from our marketing, campaigning and fundraising initiatives
- Develop our public marketing communications strategy, vision and ambition, to deliver our 1 and 3 year objectives in F&M and PAC, including fundraising income of over £100m
- Develop an integrated marketing communications plan that delivers our fundraising and change objectives, including proposed weighting and phasing of spend
- Work closely with the Brand team to ensure brand strategy and integration within the plan and with the Supporter Experience hub to ensure integration with our existing supporter communications
- Work closely with strategic partners (e.g. media & creative agencies) to maintain a holistic view of all activity and ensure a proactive approach to identifying and delivering portfolio-level opportunities e.g. strategic media partnerships.
To be successful you will have experience providing strategic marketing leadership in an organisation (or agency) with complex marketing needs, media budgets in excess of £15m, and revenues of £100m+. A strong commercial acumen is essential, as is proven experience of driving up marketing effectiveness and gains in ROI. You should also have extensive knowledge and experience of marketing approaches, measurement, best practice and platforms, across off and online, in a multi-product environment. In addition you will have:
- Proven expertise in developing strategies, insights and delivering lasting change
- A strong understanding of the wider marketing landscape, including key trends and opportunities with the ability to articulate their relevance to Save the Children
- Demonstrable experience of working in a multi-product or portfolio environment with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills, with the ability to get buy-in quickly and work collaboratively
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal, ability to research, analyse and interpret information and to summarise complex issues, and tailor communications to different audiences and cultures.
We are also recruiting for a Marketing Evaluation and Learning Expert Lead, for more information and to apply please visit our website.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.