Help us to find new ways to communicate
We’re looking for an experienced writer to join our Brand and Creative Content team. With a passion for words, you’ll need to be self-motivated, positive and enthusiastic with experience of creating compelling content across multiple channels, while working to brand guidelines.
Lead on the creative
You’ll be able to develop creative copy ideas for customer communications, campaigns, events, advertising and annual reporting documents, working closely with all areas of the business. You’ll then help to develop and manage these projects through to final design, working with your design colleagues and partner agencies.
Can you handle the pressure?
Ensuring expectations are managed and promises are met, you’ll have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and you’ll thrive under pressure. Working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, you’ll deliver to shifting deadlines while keeping your cool.
Now for the detail
Reporting to the Brand and Creative Content Manager, you’ll be accountable for managing key corporate publications and campaigns through to execution.
As a guardian of our identity and core narrative, you’ll be accountable for ensuring Southern Water’s story is told consistently, through adherence to our the brand guidelines. This will mean taking responsibility for the meticulous management and roll out of Southern Water’s tone of voice guidelines across the wider business.
You’ll be required to liaise with internal and external stakeholders, holding briefing meetings when required. This includes working with our partner agencies to ensure every piece of work handed over is of the highest quality.
Key skills and experience required:
- Excellent grasp of the English language. Exceptional spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- A proven track record of producing well-researched and insightful reporting documents, e.g. annual reports.
- An enquiring mind and a natural curiosity.
- Proven experience of delivering multiple projects to tight timescales.
- Proven experience of development and management of tone and voice guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- A high level of resilience and the ability to manage difficult conversations and/or situations.
- Highly self-motivated and well organised.
- Proofreading excellence.
If you are a current Southern Water employee, please confirm within your application that you have informed your Line Manager that you are applying for this role.
Southern Water is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability; complies with all relevant UK legislation.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months). If you do not meet these criteria’s your application will not be considered.