All around the planet we’re using the power of colour and technology to make the places in which we live, work, learn and play more fun, uplifting, sustainable and beautiful. We are world leaders in colour expertise, trend forecasting and product innovation with a portfolio of market leading global brands including Dulux the UK’s most loved and trusted Iconic paint ‘Superbrand’ (so you’ll get to make friends with our lovable Dulux Dog!). We are a company that will positively encourage your input, welcome your ideas and act on them. Join us on our mission to inspire and enable everyone to create their own beautiful living space and help us add colour to the hearts, minds and walls of another 1 million consumers.
We are now looking for a talented individual to join our team as Brand Manager on Cuprinol.
- Own and lead the brand and product management for this part of the portfolio which includes:
- Being the go to resident passionate expert in your portfolio.
- Knowing your numbers and being able to confidently present and communicate across the whole of the business.
- Ensuring we have the right products to enable our consumers to get the brilliant results they expect from the brand leader in paints.
- Leading your portfolio strategy and continually optimising the core business.
- Implementing existing and new product development.
- Making sure that our products are the highest quality in the market.
- Learn about our consumers and maintain an in-depth understanding of their needs.
- Identify any gaps in our industry knowledge and product offering and take positive action.
- Support the development of annual brand plans.
- Manage A&P spend effectively.
- Collaborate across the business to bring our experience and expertise together to ensure first class development and execution of our marketing plans including; the Brand team, Customer Marketing, Commercial teams, Insight, Innovation & the Global Team.
- Partner with agencies to define, create and deliver outstanding marketing communication plans delivering a seamless consumer journey both online and offline.
- Champion the ‘Dulux Way’ of doing things…which means bringing your plans to life by exciting colleagues and all of our customers with your knowledge, expertise and passion. Live and breathe our values in the way you work.
What you will need to succeed:
- Self-starting, energetic, results driven marketer with a passion for developing brands and a keenness for using creativity to succeed in challenging markets.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong time and project management skills required to consistently meet deadlines.
- Champion of consumer/customer insight as the foundation to marketing activities.
- Really collaborative working style, a team player.
- Great presenting skills + passion for bringing brands to life for others, the ability to present recommendations in senior forums.
- Proactive with the desire to show leadership on anything brand related.
- Eye for detail and passionate about how the brand is represented.
- Degree educated with demonstrable marketing brand and product/portfolio management experience in high performing businesses (ideally FMCG, Retail or DIY industries).
- Have experience in leading an NPD project from creation through to launch.
- Cross functional/market experience (Customer Marketing, Sales, Innovation, Insight, Global).
- Passion or track record for working on brand and product strategy.
- Basic knowledge of P&L Management and experience in managing brand budgets.
- Proven project management and analytical skills and the ability to prioirtise effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
In return we can offer you
We believe we can only grow our business as fast as we grow our people. We are passionate about making Akzonobel a brilliant place to work. We engage, enable, empower our people to succeed by taking care and investing in developing ourselves, each other, our communities and the environment. We want everyone to be happy and motivated coming to work and as such we are open to a chat about flexible working. We can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a dynamic business with career opportunities. If you think you have everything were looking for and more we would love to hear from you.