Content Creation and Marketing Officer
Content Creation and Marketing Officer
Uniquely positioned at the heart of Production Park, Europe’s leading live events production destination, Backstage Academy provides the best possible training for the booming live events sector, with fantastic industry links and state-of-the-art production facilities. Our degree courses are designed to give students the academic knowledge and hands-on skills they need to enter this vibrant and fast-paced industry. Students will also get the first-hand experience of a career in live events through our unrivalled placement opportunities which allow them to put theory into practice and create their own professional network that money can’t buy. At Backstage Academy, you don’t just learn it. You live it.
This post reports to the Marketing & Commercial Director and will form a key part of our strategy to raise the awareness of Backstage Academy and recruit students. We’re looking for someone with a natural, creative flair and imagination with the ability to work across marketing and design disciplines including graphic design, illustration, photography, video production and marketing communications.
- Design, edit and produce content for print and digital use including our prospectus, infographics and campaign collateral.
- Shoot, edit and produce video content.
- Capture images and video footage of student activity around campus on a daily basis for immediate release through social media and other digital channels.
- Design marketing and internal emails including the staff newsletter and marketing emails.
- Design and produce a range of on-brand templates for the wider business to use.
- Deliver on creative briefs to a high standard, on brand and on time.
- Provide creative guidance to ensure content is compelling and digestible.
- Keep abreast of emerging marketing and design trends that could enhance BA’s marketing activities and content production.
Marketing & Communications
- Manage social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn & Snapchat), post content, monitor conversations and develop creative campaigns to raise reach and engagement.
- Maintain website through Wordpress CMS including uploading new copy, images and video.
- Contribute to copywriting.
- Master and utilise the CRM/marketing automation system (Akero) to manage interactions with students and other stakeholders in collaboration with colleagues.
- Manage merchandise from product sourcing to distribution.
- Contribute to relevant policies including the Access & Participation Plan
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the Marketing & Commercial Director.
- Proven experience of producing engaging creative content, such as videos, using industry leading design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and Premiere Pro.
- Occasional weekend and evening work required. The occasional UK travel required.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Manage diary effectively and schedule appointments
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of dealing directly with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Flexible approach to working, excellent time management skills.
- A friendly professional manner and appearance.
- Self-motivated with an ability to thrive under pressure.
- Ambitious and results orientated.
- Position: Full-Time – 40 hours per week
- Salary: Dependent on experience.
- Location: South Kirkby, Wakefield
- Hours: 40-hour week. 8:30am to 17:30pm.
- Benefits: 22 days’ holiday + Bank Holiday, Pension, Life Assurance, Profit Share Scheme, Employee Lunches Provided, Regular Social Events, Monthly Reward Scheme, Voluntary Health Cash Plan
Please note that this appointment is subject to Disclosure and Barring Clearance