Group Head of Brand
Group Head of Brand
£46,600 – £55,000 (plus excellent benefits)
What it’s about
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and develop a growing global brand that helps eight million learners a year to demonstrate and fulfil their potential. You will have extensive marketing experience, be a natural influencer and have a passion for branding.
Reporting in to a member of the Corporate Board, you will be responsible for a number of interesting strategic projects during a period of growth and cultural change. We are looking for an enthusiastic senior professional who can drive the recently relaunched brand to achieve greater brand strength internally and externally.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop, set and implement the brand strategy – including brand narrative, positioning, values, visual identity and tone of voice
- Ensure that the brand strategy is aligned to, and in support of, the Group strategy
- Communicate brand strategy and campaigns simply and compellingly to both marketing and non-marketing audiences
- Manage the application of the brand internally and externally ensuring guidelines, templates and other supporting resources are fit for purpose and provide consistency
- Manage brand activity across all elements of the marketing mix, developing brand campaigns that strengthen the brand internally and externally
- Develop and deliver the annual Group brand tracker and ensure that the output provides useful insights that support the business planning cycle
- Work closely with teams across strategy, HR, comms and engagement to build the Group brand and drive engagement across the organisation
- Work closely with our legal team on brand protection, trademarking and infringement issues
- Work with the University of Cambridge, Cambridge University Press and other University departments to enhance and protect the wider Cambridge brand
- Manage the brand team
- Manage brand agencies ensuring that projects are delivered to a high spec, meet the objectives and are on budget and on time
- Manage the brand budget and marketing suppliers
What we’re looking for
This role will suit a confident, hands-on brand leader with a ‘can-do’ attitude and an ability to work at all levels. With many interesting and diverse projects to work on you will need to have vision, excellent organisational skills and creative flair. At Cambridge Assessment we pride ourselves on our collaborative approach and this role requires it in abundance – it is expected that you will work with, and influence, many teams within Cambridge Assessment and across our wider Cambridge family.
You possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal. You are a people person – approachable, fair and highly regarded. You believe in the power of brand and understand it’s equity within an organisation. You are easily able to distil this for others. You are commercially savvy. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
- Qualified to degree level – preferably Marketing or Business
- CIM qualification
- Strong influencing skills and ease managing multiple stakeholders
- Collaborative style of working
- Non-hierarchical approach
- Enthusiastic about getting involved in all elements of marketing
- Good attention to detail
- Analytical and creative
- Extensive marketing experience which is likely to include at least 5 years in a brand management or similar role
- Ideally some direct responsibility for a corporate/enterprise brand, or demonstrable experience of working with one in a more general marketing role
- Significant experience working across all elements of the marketing mix including online and social media
- Potentially a candidate seeking to move ‘in-house’ from an agency who can demonstrate the necessary experience and skills
- International experience would be an advantage
- Results focused
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a 160 year old department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 11 November and interviews will be held on 26 November.
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter via the Apply button.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER