Assistant Brand Manager
A key player in the Zizzi marketing team, you will manage the delivery of all restaurant marketing materials including a suite of menus, point of sale and all other campaign materials. You will also play a key role in Zizzi food photoshoots, working with a production team to deliver best-in-class food photography and assets for upcoming menu launches and campaigns. Finally, you will be responsible for the execution of local restaurant marketing and new restaurant openings.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent team player with a winning combination of proven project management skills, creativity and outstanding attention to detail.
10% Bonus potential
Company Pension Contributions
25 days annual leave
The primary objective of the role is to lead excellent execution of all in restaurant marketing materials, driving like for like sales, new customers and covers, while staying on brand, on time, and in budget. The position reports to the Zizzi Brand Manager
- A deep understanding of the Zizzi customer to ensure all elements within your scope resonate with our core target.
- Work with the Brand Manager to deliver point of sale photoshoots: understand campaign direction and work with Design Manager to bring to life a look and feel for the shoot. Create and secure approval to a shot list based on menu, POS and campaign requirements. In the run up to and on the shoot itself, project manage a wide team including a photographer and food stylist to deliver a best-in-class suite of assets, on time & within budget.
- Project manage the execution, timeline, distribution and follow up of all marketing materials for restaurants – including menus and in-restaurant POS. This includes a twice-yearly major menu update (autumn, spring) as well as all seasonal special campaigns (e.g. Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Summer).
- Closely collaborate with the Zizzi Food team and the Quality & Safety team to ensure all menus are accurate in terms of dish naming, ingredients, dietary requirements and pricing.
- Recommend new dish naming and descriptors for sign off. This will require a strong grasp of the Zizzi brand tone of voice along with solid copywriting skills.
- Collaborate closely with in house graphic designers, giving clear briefs for menus/POS and direction for rounds of amends in a time efficient manner.
- Be the gate keeper for ‘version control’ of all print material, keeping track of all feedback/amends, and securing final sign off from the Head of Marketing.
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure final materials are 100% accurate before going to print.
- Forecast production volumes of menus and POS materials based, securing sign off from the Head of Marketing.
- Own the day-to-day relationship with the external printer to ensure all projects are delivered on time and within budget (Linney)
- Lead the execution of menu updates on the Zizzi website, as well as key partner online platforms (e.g. Deliveroo)
- Input into wider campaign design and planning (e.g. Christmas or new menu launch), attend brand team meetings with the creative agency and bring your ideas on how to amplify in restaurants, and across the marketing materials in your remit.
- Clear understanding of business revenue drivers to ensure that all elements falling within your scope are set to drive like for like sales, new customers, covers and spend per head. Track results and recommend actions.
- Manage the budget for all print materials and food photoshoots. Strive for budget efficiencies where possible.
- Be the point person for takeaway marketing (Click & Collect, Deliveroo), executing OOR menu offering and collaborating with the Digital team to ensure perfect execution online.
- Forge a close working relationship with the Communications & Training team to ensure that marketing and comms strategies, priorities and areas of focus are aligned.
- Create timely, clear internal communication materials to ensure strong adoption & compliance of in restaurant materials across the estate.
- Oversee the inputting and day-to-day management of the print management portal including gathering costs and development of campaigns for budget tracking.
- Contribute to designing & lead execution of the local marketing strategy for all new restaurant openings and refurbs as well as handling ad hoc opportunities, in collaboration with the relevant operations contacts.
- Build a relationship with marketing contacts within key partners (e.g. suppliers such as Peroni, Aperol, or demand-driving partners such as Deliveroo) and come up with creative ways we can join-up for local marketing initiatives or campaigns.
- Bring insight from outside (competitors and the wider industry) to inform the brand’s thinking on in-restaurant materials, photography assets and wider campaigns.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in a marketing role (minimum 2 years)
- A track record in strong project management with ability to deliver projects on time & within budget
- Excellent time management when faced with multiple deadlines and priorities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively across different functions including Graphic Designers, Operations and External Agencies
- A strategic thinker with a creative flair
- Strong presentation skills
- Service brand and/or restaurant experience desirable but not essential
- A strong passion for food and eating out
- Degree educated or equivalent