This role offers a Brand Manager an exciting new challenge in a high-profile government communications environment.
And the opportunity to develop skills working on brands which span government, corporate, consumer and B2B audiences.
If you’re a motivated self-starter who is a strategic and creative thinker, then we want to hear from you.
Working directly into the Chief Brand Officer, you will be managing two brand portfolios, within the Department for International Trade (DIT):
- The GREAT Britain brand, currently valued at £234m and placed in the UK’s top 50 brands. The GREAT Britain campaign is the UK’s most successful international marketing campaign, active in 144 countries.
- The DIT brand; a government department with nearly 3,500 people spread across 108 countries. DIT’s mission is to enable the UK to trade its way to prosperity, stability and security by helping businesses export, securing inward and outward investment, opening up markets, and championing free trade.
Our brand specialists sit within the Content and Digital team – a team of communications experts who support the Department by strategically planning media and digital communications activity, managing and developing our brands, and developing creative communication strategies and effective content to communicate government policies.
You will be part of a group of innovative content creators and curators who put content at the very heart of our communication and marketing strategy.
You will join at a time of considerable growth, helping to build a customer-focused team culture and looking to evolve and innovate how the brands are managed and deployed in content across all channels.
Your work will directly help the department in its responsibilities to promote and support opportunities for export and investment, deliver the best international trading framework for the UK, and build appetite for British goods and services.
No two days will be the same and rarely a day goes by without a mention of the department in the media, an event being hosted, or a campaign being launched somewhere in the world. Being able to work at pace is a must to succeed in the role, as one day you could be asked to provide strategic brand guidance to support a major marketing campaign and the next, executional design guidance on event branding for a Ministerial visit.
We’re looking for a brand and communications specialist who can set an example of the brands’ values by demonstrating an inspirational, creative, meticulour and customer-focused approach. Your success will not only be measured by the level of consistency demonstrated across the brand, but the level of positive engagement experiences by stakeholders, staff and external partners who are interacting with the brands across our global network.
You’ll be curious, creative, collaborative, and a creative problem-solver.
- Creative and production knowledge to be able to advise on best practice brand and marketing execution across all media channels.
- Ability to see the bigger picture with good strategic instincts to understand what the campaigns and brands are trying to achieve and advise stakeholders accordingly on brand solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholders with tact and diplomacy, inspiring creative thinking.
- A hawk-eye approach to the details of execution.
- Efficient time management when juggling competing priorities and meticulous project management skills.
- A pro-active and positive attitude, taking a can-do attitude to finding solutions for using the brands effectively and consistently.
Line Management Responsibility:
This role will involve line management of one Assistant Brand Manager / Designer.
Essential and Preferred Experience:
- Experience working on global communications projects.
- Understanding of the need to tailor communications differently to corporate, consumer and B2B audiences.
- The ability to work as part of a responsive team balancing multiple projects simultaneously.
- An awareness of broader market or political contexts in making communications choices.
- Account management skills for effective handling of stakeholders and customers.
- Ability to persuade others of the benefits of your recommendations or negotiate with others.
- A keen interest in current affairs, brand and marketing trends.
Personal Attributes & Skills:
- The successful candidate will be a dynamic communicator with excellent oral and written skills.
- Your ability to multitask and deliver the highest quality communications products and guidance, at pace, will enable you to hit the ground running in this important role.
- You will be confident, thoughtful and authoritative, maintaining sound judgement even under pressure.
- You will keep up to date on the rapidly changing nature of communications.
- You will root your strategic recommendations in audience insights.
- You will be pro-active and innovative in your approach to solving problems.
- You will enjoy contributing to a collaborative team culture.
- You’ll be curious, creative, with strong strategic judgement.
Apply and further information
For further information about this role including benefits, nationality requirements, selection process details, and to apply, please click the Apply button to view the role on the Civil Service Jobs website.
Or please contact Stephanie Hobart on 0207 215 3852 or email at email@example.com
Sift/interview dates and location
Sifting will take place week commencing 22 October 2018 in London.
Interviews will take place week commencing 5 November 2018 in London.