Senior Digital Marketing Manager – Paid Search
Paid Search Manager
Argos, the leading online, multi-billion pound retailer, is looking for a world-class Paid Search Manager to be responsible for the growth and continuous improvement of an industry leading and award-winning Paid Search program.
The Sainsbury’s owned retailer, who marked its 45th birthday earlier this year, has been through a remarkable digital transformation and is on a mission to deliver a performance media ecosystem blending world-class technology and data to deliver cutting-edge campaigns with the customer at its heart.
The successful person will own the paid search strategy and its day to day management including setting and meeting performance goals to exceed business trading expectations.
The opportunity will include responsibility for developing recommendations about the future of Argos’ performance marketing eco-system, including the use of bid optimisation technology and the wider marketing tech stack.
- Work with the Data Science teams to continuously challenge the status quo and develop a ‘test-and-learn’ strategy ensuring the highest standards of accuracy
- Develop and deploy an approach to attribution modelling for paid search as part of the wider, through the line media program
- Act as a group wide evangelist for Paid Search to accelerate Sainsbury’s Group forward as a digital leader
- Enhance the team capability through upskilling and more effective use of technology
- Promote data-driven analysis and insights to improve campaign effectiveness
- Develop industry-leading media partnerships with Google and Bing
- Oversee a significant multi-million pound budget in line with delivery expectations set
Reporting directly into the Head of Digital Marketing, the person will be a data-driven, detail orientated, creative problem solver. They will also need to be a self-starter who has an appetite to work in a high velocity, innovative industry.
They may work for a brand or within a digital agency but they must be a critical thinker with technical experience of running a paid search program from the ground up.
Retail experience is preferred but not essential although working for/with a brand of scale is.
In addition the person will have:
- Up-to-date Adwords and Bing advanced qualifications in line with an agency-standard in-house team
- Extensive experience with planning, running and growing large-scale PPC accounts via AdWords, Bing Ads and 3rd party bid management platforms
- Experience of managing a team of paid search Executives along with a significant budget
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.