Senior Digital Marketing Manager – Biddable Media
Paid Media Manager
Argos, the leading online, multi-billion pound retailer, is looking for a world-class Biddable Media Manager to play a critical role in the planning, activation and optimisation of its display and programmatic efforts.
The Sainsbury’s owned retailer, who marked its 45th birthday earlier this year, has been through a remarkable digital transformation and is on a mission to deliver a performance media ecosystem blending world-class technology and data to deliver cutting-edge campaigns with the customer at its heart.
The successful person will own the Biddable Media program and strategy across planning, buying and measurement to exceed business trading expectations as well as nurture a growing team.
- Develop a robust strategy to implement an attribution model for biddable media
- Oversee the acquisition and implementation of advanced advertising technology to support automation and innovation
- Activate highly valuable customer data at scale to improve key metrics
- Oversee a small team to build and deliver annual, seasonal and product focused campaign plans
- Develop beneficial media partner relationships with networks, data-partners and publishers including Facebook and Google
- Deepen collaboration across the Digital marketing team and approach business opportunities and challenges with a cross-channel lens
- Develop the always-on display, video and social marketing campaigns into a scale customer acquisition channel
- Work with trading and merchandising managers to create plans for promotional campaigns with effective goals and actions
- Establish an advanced strategy and roadmap for testing and executive and track tests with methodical accuracy
- Oversee a multi-million pound budget in line with delivery expectations
Reporting directly into the Head of Digital Marketing, the person will need experience of architecting and scaling a Display or Biddable Media ecosystem through technology. They should have the capability to present solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
They may work for a brand or within a digital agency but they must be a critical thinker with a depth of practical experience in planning and buying digital media programmatically.
Retail experience is preferred but not essential although working for/with a brand of scale is.
In addition the person will be:
- Highly data literate with an understanding of how data flows across and through internal and external systems to bring digital advertising to life
- A creative problem solver who is excited and motivated by working in a high velocity, innovative industry
- Experienced in implementing media campaign strategies across Programmatic Display, Paid Social, Online Video
- Adept at managing significant budgets and have some prior experience of leading and coaching high-performing teams
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.