Senior Marketing Manager
Senior Marketing Manager
Salary in the region of £40,000 depending on skills and experience. OUP offers a full range of benefits
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The ELT (English Language Teaching) Division is a global leader in the provision of multimedia English language teaching and learning materials. Operating in over 100 countries, it reaches millions of teachers and students each year to support the development of English language proficiency.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a driven, creative individual to transform OUP ELT’s Assessment and Platforms offer, collaborating with stakeholders across the division.
You will champion ELT’s exciting and diverse Assessment and Platforms portfolio, including online learning platforms, teacher support tools, apps and assessment products that support the teaching and learning of English. You will lead the marketing strategy for ELT’s global assessment programme, a major new line of business within the division. You will be committed to delivering a superior customer experience with a data-driven approach to developing marketing strategies based on real customer insights. You will be passionate about education and championing the use of technology to support English language teaching and learning.
This role sits within the ELT Customer Experience Marketing team and includes a wide scope for innovation, with the assessment programme operating as a start-up business within an established organisation, as well as working with new and developing educational technology.
- define the benefits of ELT’s Assessment and Platforms portfolio including USPs, positioning, and key sales messages
- champion the customer throughout the product development process, working closely with the development teams to ensure a great customer experience
- use real-time data and customer insight to inform marketing strategy and future developments
- lead on marketing strategy and make sure the entire Marketing department is equipped and able to promote digital and assessment products
- ensure that ELT communicates a consistent message about its Assessment and Platforms portfolio both internally and to customers
- manage two direct reports
To be successful in this role, you must:
- be educated to degree level or equivalent
- have relevant strategic marketing experience
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- have a proven ability to drive change
- have experience in managing direct report(s) or proven potential
- have experience in managing a wide portfolio of projects, stakeholders and responsibilities
- have experience in developing marketing plans and campaigns
- be a team player and foster a collaborative team environment
- think creatively and demonstrate effective problem solving skills
- be able to analyse and synthesize information
- knowledge of and experience in the ELT or Education sector, particularly in relation to assessment and learning technology
- a recognised marketing qualification
- commercial experience in setting up or driving a new line of business or in digital transformation
For any queries in relation to this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Closing date: 15 October 2018
To apply please click the Apply button.