Media and Corporate Affairs Manager
Media and Corporate Affairs Manager
£65 – 70,000 + Generous Benefits & Bonus Package
Working as part of the Global Communications, Corporate Affairs and Sustainability team of this global FMCG/CPG multinational with a portfolio of power brands, you’ll be a super-smart operator with proven knowledge and practice of strategic public relations and communications planning.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone at AD level within a healthcare or corporate communications agency, or currently working in a similar client side role. Superb Global Media relations experience, strategic planning and advocacy skills, and the ability to engage and build strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders at varying levels are all essential skills. In addition, you’ll have the capability to motivate teams to deliver outstanding results, with or without hierarchical relationships.
Your focus will be to develop and deliver best in class communications programmes which raise the profile of the business and positions the brand favourably with priority audiences including influencers across government, NGOs and the media. This will involve the planning and implementation of media outreach and other communications programmes and campaigns, positioning us as a core strategic business partner, and externally as the most innovative in the industry and a destination for employment.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Input into the development of the global Communications strategy, defining key communications pillars
• Own the narrative, ensuring the organisation is working towards one vision, speaking with one voice and telling one story
• Work closely with the external affairs team to understand key functional challenges and provide guidance on function specific communications programmes that address internal and external communication needs
• To work closely with Sustainability team to identify and leverage synergistic opportunities in the broader corporate communications strategy
• Ensure the overarching corporate identify is upheld and maintained globally in all external communications
• Develop and implement strategic external communication programmes and behaviour change campaigns - moving people from awareness to understanding, engagement and advocacy
• Forge partnerships with other key functions globally – e.g. Sustainability
• Oversee the development and maintenance of content across external channels
• Develop and execute an external communications programme designed to attract talent
• Identify key areas of ownership and develop our thought leadership position
• Develop and maintain innovation elements of external comms including investor and other corporate communications, and specific content for owned social media channels
• Support issues and crisis management and respond to corporate issues management and media queries, as appropriate
Key Skills Checklist
• Senior level experience in strategic PR and corporate communications
• Experience in pharmaceutical and healthcare industry with a good understanding of the consumer health and OTC arena
• Global Media relations experience
• Strategic planning and advocacy skills
• A self-starter, who excels in a fast-paced and dynamic international environment, confident dealing with ambiguity and able to work on your own initiative within a large, complex organisation
• Approachable, with strong interpersonal and motivational skills. Ability to engage and build strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders at all levels
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a flair for presentation. Outstanding attention to detail and analytical capacity
• Able to transform solid thinking into action with a strong focus on delivery and output. You should be effective at managing multiple projects and activities across a range of timelines with a broad spectrum of goals
• Have strong commercial understanding of corporate and operational issues, and sharp business acumen
• Creative and digitally savvy, with an ability to think out of the box and willing to embrace change
A blue-chip global FMCG business with a huge portfolio of leading brands in the global household, health and personal care sectors, this company invests heavily in innovation and massive A&P spends, demonstrating huge and consistent growth over recent years. The culture is energetic, entrepreneurial and highly results-driven with opportunities to make a substantial contribution to the business. This is a business in which you’ll find plenty of drive and energy and a direct and open style; a working environment surrounded by smart people, where you’ll have exceptional opportunities to make your mark throughout your career.
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment and have significant marketing recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management and insight/research specialists. If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Alex Hooper. firstname.lastname@example.org