Background to CCS
Join our team of brilliant civil servants on a mission to strengthen the UK economy and deliver savings to the UK taxpayer, through innovative, efficient and effective public sector procurement.
We are the biggest public procurement organisation in the UK managing for around £12 billion of spend each year we also lead on developing and implementing UK procurement policy.
We use the collective buying power of the entire public sector and our commercial expertise to help our customers save time and money when buying common goods and services.
We love to help our customers find the right commercial solutions. Our customers use our commercial agreements to buy anything from locum doctors, police cars, electricity, IT networks, stationery and TV advertising.
We take care of the bottom line so our customers can deliver front line services.
Last year, we helped our customers to save £5.7 billion.
Working under the direction of the Senior Marketing Officer (CMp Onboarding) and as part of the organisation’s existing marketing team, the post holder will be responsible for delivering activity as part of a series of integrated marketing campaigns to support CCS growth including launching a number of innovative new digital procurement platforms.
Working in partnership with teams across the organisation they will use their knowledge and/or experience of channel planning and digital marketing techniques to achieve acquisition and onboarding of new customers across the entire public sector to ensure growth and increased savings.
Ensuring that all activity is correctly delivered with robust evaluation measures in place, using the Government Communications Services (GCS) best practice principles. Providing regular updates on progress to the Programme Director for onward reporting to the Senior Leadership Team and Board.
- Working under direction to support the delivery of integrated marketing campaigns that achieve agreed objectives
- Providing progress updates to the Senior Marketing Officer (CMp Onboarding) and a range of internal stakeholders
- Utilising market and competitor research to segment and define target markets
- Refining and improving key messages/USPs related to products/services
- Implementing and leveraging the latest digital marketing and communications tools and techniques to achieve campaign objectives
- Building good relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- In support of the Senior Marketing Officer (CMp Onboarding) develop content marketing plans to support delivery of campaign objectives, including news stories, blogs and case studies
- Evaluating marketing campaigns and activities, including developing and updating evaluation dashboards.
- Excellent understanding and experience of using digital and social media channels
- Knowledge/awareness of strategic planning processes
- Experience of evaluating marketing and communications campaigns
- Experience of channel planning and account handling
- Experience of prioritising tasks and organising a heavy workload.
- Marketing experience in a comparable B2B industry
- The ability to collaborate with teams and individuals across an organisation to deliver marketing activity.
- This role requires travel to other CCS offices where necessary to attend meetings or events. CCS offices are located in Liverpool, London, Norwich, Newport and Bristol. Additionally ad hoc travel to attend external events where relevant.
You will be expected to demonstrate 3 Government Communication Service and 3 Civil Service competencies as listed below:
- Ideas – Develop integrated marketing and communication campaign plans. Select channels and develop key messages and content for target audiences. Identify evaluation criteria.
Specifically: Develop ideas for key campaigns based on a thorough understanding of audience insight, identifying the most effective channels and tools to engage audiences and maximise reach. Design and develop engaging messages and content.
- Implementation – Develop and implement effective marketing/communication strategies and campaign plans. Work with stakeholders and partners to deliver campaigns.
Specifically: Adhere to best practice in Government communication in terms of strategic planning, events and media monitoring and social media management. Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills, writing clearly, concisely and accurately. Monitor campaign plans and provide status updates to ensure they are delivered to time and budget. Demonstrate an understanding of importance of evaluation and value for money in campaigns.
- Impact – Assess the impact and effectiveness of marketing and communication campaigns. Review achievement of objectives. Identify lessons learnt and share feedback.
Specifically: Support the design and delivery of techniques to assess the effectiveness and impact of campaigns, demonstrating positive return on investment.
- Delivering at Pace
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Managing a Quality Service
(A link to the Civil Service Competency Framework is provided below)
Civil Service Competency Framework
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
Terms and Conditions
This post is offered on a 18 month fixed term appointment basis.
The post is set at Band 3 and the pay scale of £26,307 to £33,749 applies. New entrants to the Civil Service will be expected to join at the band entry point. If an applicant at the offer stage wishes to negotiate a higher salary, they will be required to submit a business case. CCS will consider the case against a number of factors, including its current total reward and benefits offering. Please speak to the Recruitment Team at for further advice.
Existing Civil Servants joining on level transfer will retain their current salary. Staff who are being promoted will receive either a 10% increase of their current basic salary or the pay band minimum – whichever is greater.
Why work for CCS?
Here are some of the rewards and benefits on offer to CCS employees:
- Competitive holidays
- Competitive pension schemes
- Number of family-friendly policies that support a good home work balance such as; Flexible Working, Flexible Hours Scheme (band below SCS), enhanced Maternity and Adoption Leave.
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme, High Street Discount Portal
- Health & Wellbeing support; Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational Health, Health checks
- 5 days paid Learning and Development offer, including opportunities to gain CIPS professional qualifications.
- Loans for season travel tickets
If you require copies of documentation in alternative formats, for example, large print or Braille, or would like to discuss any other requirements please call the Recruitment Team on 01603 704148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other things you need to know about diversity and equality, security, government internal fraud principles, nationality requirements and the selection process can be found on the CCS careers website in the job decsription for this role.
To find out more and apply please click the Apply button.
Closing date is 3 September 2018.