Global Ad Sales Director
Global Ad Sales Director
About The Role
The Digital Department are looking for a Global Ad Sales Director to lead the go to market for F1's newly minted Digital Advertising Sales team. As well as to build a team of digital native sellers - direct and programmatic and work with the Head of Ad Sales Revenue/ Ops to create this new business at F1.
F1, as part of its digital transformation, is building a small, multi-skilled digital advertising team to service sponsors, agency and programmatic ad sales partners. Reporting to the Director, Digital and New Business, the Global Ad Sales Director will be the second employee in F1’s digital advertising group, driving a successful long term in-market digital ad sales proposition for Formula 1.
Our primary goal is to drive digital investment across our websites and social channels delivering innovative, best in class solutions for our clients. The selected candidate will be entrepreneurial, comfortable setting and defining his/her own agenda and goals, and a talented and thoughtful manager of people and clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work hand in hand with ad sales revenue / ops lead to set and manage the overall annual sales targets and digital advertising P&L
- Identify and priority commercial opportunities for F1 and its portfolio of digital and social assets
- Build and grow long term partnerships with international clients and agencies, focused on existing F1 & team sponsors, car endemics (e.g., motoroil, car manufacturers), and local endemic brands (e.g. tourism)
- Create persuasive sales presentations leveraging F1 brand statements, insights, case studies and real data highlighting F1’s significant digital growth
- Streamline process, develop and promote working best practices for the ad sales team
- Hire and grow a team of programmatic and direct sales executives
- Be responsible for the growth, success and sustainability of the F1 digital ad sales department
- Monitor team workload supporting in-house sales and sponsorship team and other digital ad sales structures at all times
- 8 - 15 years’ experience in digital advertising sales
Knowledge and skills
- Strong business development skills and deep understanding of advertising business models
- Experience working as a programmatic advertising sales executive
- Deep relationships with a particular emphasis on the automotive sector
- Incredibly strong presentation skills
- A relationship builder: with a knack for winning friends and influencing people
- Global market experience - multi-lingual would be advantageous
- Ability to express and present ideas or facts concisely and precisely through PPT
- An understanding of F1 and love of sports will be advantage
- Resourceful: a true self-starter!
- Team player with the ability to build strong relationships with partners and internal teams
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with poise, confidence and sense of humour