Marketing and Communications Manager
Marketing and Communications Manager
Salary - From £32,000 to £35,000 per annum, negotiable depending on experience.
Pipers Events showcases London’s built environment industry and investment opportunities to the right audiences, at home and overseas, through high profile annual exhibitions and events, supported by the Mayor of London.
We are a well-established, highly respected, dynamic business and we are now seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to work with the Head of Production and Marketing to develop our marketing strategy and communicate our ambitious growth plans.
If you currently work as a Marketing and Communications Manager for an events, conference or exhibition organization with experience or interest in the Built Environment and are looking to progress your career, we would love to hear from you.
Head of Production & Marketing
- To manage the day-to-day delivery of marketing and communications plans in support of Pipers Events business goals
- To promote Pipers Events and the event portfolio across all communication platforms increasing audience reach and engagement
- To deliver all marketing and communications support for designated programmes
- To be responsible for developing and managing audiences for Pipers Events portfolio, currently: the London Real Estate Forum, the London Stand at MIPIM UK and at MIPIM with the potential of additional events in the future
- To plan and execute a wide variety of marketing campaigns and ensure the implementation and fulfilment of each campaign within budget and on schedule
- To be responsible for maintaining and developing print circulations, online audiences, and events attendance through online and offline methods (print and online advertising, email marketing, direct mail campaigns, social media and emerging channels)
- To be responsible for website updates and amendment; creating an effective digital platform for the Pipers Events portfolio
- To develop effective relationships with relevant third parties (such as media partners) to realise the full potential of cross-media strategies.
- To develop and manage audiences for the Pipers Events portfolio, driving events attendance in accordance with budget targets and agreed KPIs
- To plan marketing activity and fulfil all marketing campaigns to deadlines and within budget – incorporating these activities within the relevant event timeline
- To manage marketing budgets, ensuring forecasts are regularly updated, correctly allocated and not overspent, and plans for contingencies and budget changes, escalating issues where appropriate
- To manage and develop databases for all audience marketing activity and to ensure data is collected to best practice guidelines, guaranteeing the integrity of the database in terms of data quality, data protection/GDPR compliance, and auditing requirements
- To operate as the brand manager; issuing brand guidelines which are in line with Pipers Events expectations (in collaboration with 401 as our creative design agency) and applying them in all marketing communications
- To develop and maintain all relevant collateral and brand communication programmes to support marketing campaigns and produce compelling and creative copy
- To assess, monitors, and improves marketing efficiency by conducting regular analysis of marketing KPIs, reporting on campaign results, revenue generated and agreed effectiveness measures to evaluate success and make recommendations for improvement for future campaigns
- To develop a deep understanding of the audiences and markets identifying key competitors and monitoring audience and marketing activity
- To support product development by identifying opportunities for growth and identifying other initiatives to strengthen and improve the competitive position of the Pipers Events brands
- To create appealing and attractive sales pack for the sales team
- To manage the marketing of new and existing brand extensions, including webinars, reader surveys, online directories, roundtables, bespoke events, etc.
- To develop strong relationships with key stakeholders within Pipers Events as well as New London Architecture team to ensure marketing activity is fully aligned with business needs
- To implement and improve, when appropriate, core operational marketing processes to ensure consistency.
Behaviours and Knowledge
- Advanced understanding of marketing principles, developments and new techniques and demonstrated experience in campaign management
- Strong project management and organisation skills and ability to manage several simultaneous projects to tight deadlines and to prioritise tasks that deliver greatest revenue opportunities
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of audience and products
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ to deliver innovative marketing and product solutions that drives revenue and audiences
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and a strong track record of creating compelling and effective communications
- Copy writing, proof reading skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and awareness of online and digital platforms
- A solid 4 years plus event marketing experience in managing multiple marketing campaigns across large scale events
Technical Skills Requirements (not exhaustive):
- Registration systems such as: Eventbrite, LiveBuzz
- CRM system such as: Salesforce, Infusionsoft, Hubspot
- Mailer systems such as: Dotmailer, MailChimp
- Social media platforms such as: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitters, Flickr, Facebook
- Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- G-Suite: Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Sites
- Cloud Storage: Dropbox
- Knowledge of HTML and GDPR
About Pipers & Pipers Events
Pipers is a group of independent businesses that lead the way in communicating and championing the built environment, they share a common purpose to help shape better cities.
Pipers Events currently delivers three high profile events – the London Stand at MIPIM in Cannes, the London Stand at MIPIM UK in Olympia and the London Real Estate Forum in Berkeley Square.
London Stand at MIPIM, Cannes
Pipers launched the London Stand at MIPIM in Cannes in 1993. Each year the stand showcases the wealth of development and investment taking place across the capital and the skills and expertise of London based companies involved in these projects.
London at MIPIM helps to promote over 450 London based companies and 1,300 delegates alongside the City of London, the Mayor’s office and other public sector bodies to the international audience at MIPIM.
MIPIM is attended by over 21,000 delegates from over 80 countries and runs over 4 days in Cannes in March each year.
London Stand at MIPIM UK
Pipers launched the London Stand at MIPIM UK in October last year.
London at MIPIM UK created a networking hub for London-based companies and a platform for developers, local authorities and consultants to showcase their skills and expertise in the London market to a nationwide audience.
MIPIM UK is attended by 3,200 delegates and runs over 2 days in Olympia in October each year.
London Real Estate Forum, Berkeley Square
In 2013, Pipers launched the London Real Estate Forum in Berkeley Square.
This high-profile exhibition and conference is dedicated to bringing together corporate occupiers and international investors with leading real estate owners and developers.
LREF is supported by the Mayor of London with FT as the Media Partner and was attended by over 3,000 key property professionals in 2018.
Holiday is 31 days a year, which includes Bank Holidays and three days between Christmas and New Year
Your normal working week is 40 hours, Monday to Friday. International travel will be required to support London Stand at MIPIM in Cannes.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Danielle Rowland, HR Director by Friday 24th August 2018 via the Apply button.
Shortlisting of candidates will take place week beginning 27th August. 1st stage interviews will take place week beginning 3rd September.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.