National Account Manager / Business Development Manager
Job Title: National Account Manager
Salary: £25,000 + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company has been providing a service to the engineering and process industries since 1967, predominantly to companies located around the Humber Bank. They have three sites, Hull, Stallingborough and Scunthorpe.
With a turnover of around £6m per year, the company is expanding the portfolio of courses that we offer to individuals and employers across the region.
Their people are the business and they need to focus on the talent pool in order to achieve their ambitions.
Purpose of the role:
This is a key post that will focus on identifying companies, establishing a relationship to develop commercial training revenue and apprentice places from a range of companies across the M62 corridor and beyond.
This is very much about the 'consultative sell', you will need ability to understand our clients' needs and think creatively to develop innovative solutions is essential to help meet and exceed customer expectations.
* Lead in managing the recruitment of employers and learners in order to grow the Company' Apprenticeship programmes
* Meet targets to grow commercial training revenue in line with the company strategy and business plan
* Pro-actively seek out new employers and establish a relationship with those businesses that will generate opportunities to work with the Company
* Facilitate and encourage an enhanced level of employer responsiveness, training, delivery and revenue generation across all parts of the Company
* Carry out clients meetings to promote and sell Company' range of adult up-skilling courses and apprenticeships; Prepare written proposals and deliver presentations to key decision makers and employers
* Work with the Operations Manager, to win contracts and ensure customer requirements are met by adopting a commercially orientated approach
* Carry out initial due diligence on all employers before contracting with them ensuring they are fully committed to the programme and able to provide a safe and healthy work environment for the Apprentice
* Work with employers to develop their job descriptions, offering advice on training options and offer recruitment support to new clients including matching candidates to the vacancy
* Carry out research activities on labour market demand with the ability to synthesise and present this data
* Build relationships within relevant industrial sectors and use that knowledge to plan and deliver longer term alliances
* Raise awareness of the company through networking, attending trade shows, using on and offline forums and other means
* Build and maintain a database of contacts and networks
* Organise and invite employers and other relevant stakeholders to Company' external events
* Account manage and maintain excellent relationships with employers and other relevant partner organisations
* Submission of Key Performance Indicator data to the Chief Executive and the Deputy Chief Executive
The successful Candidate will be/ have:
* At least 5 years sales/marketing and or business development experience
* Knowledge and experience of using CRM systems
* Proven track record of successful income generation and achieving targets
* The ability to understand the engineering and manufacturing sector
* Empathy to client needs and an ability to manage client expectations
* Strong communication skills
* Confident negotiator and ability to complete agreements at the highest levels
* Excellent IT skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Ability to work on one's initiative, to manage and contribute to teams
* Flexible approach to working hours and duties in order to meet deadlines
* Full driving License and access to a vehicle with suitable business insurance
In return the Company offers:
* Ongoing Training
* Company pension scheme
* Private health care
* Performance related pay
* 30 days leave per year
Note: The Company is committed to safeguarding their learners and successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check, and to register on a suitable instructor/teacher training programme.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS to complete the attached application form
Candidates with experience of: Field Based Account Manager, Sales, Lead Generation, Customer Relationship Manager, Client Relationship Manager, Client Services Manager, Account Handler, Client Management, Customer Relations Executive, Client Relations Officer, Key Account Manager and Business Development Manager may also be considered for this role.