Senior Digital Marketing Strategist
Role: Senior Strategist (EUAU)
Position : Full time
Roles & Responsibilities
MSO is General Mills’ internal Creative and Technology product group with 40+ professionals committed to creating digital-first experiences that connect consumers to brands.
We deliver websites, content, social media and web applications for a broad range of General Mills brands - our clients - including globally recognized CPG (or FMCG) names like Häagen-Dazs, Cheerios, Old El Paso, and Nature Valley, to name a few. We are proud of the work we produce and we're even prouder of the team we've built at General Mills global HQ in Minneapolis, MN.
Our team is expanding, and we need to find an experienced Senior Strategist, with exemplary Digital marketing credentials and a holistic view of modern marketing, to be based in our UK office.
A Senior Strategist within MSO is an exciting role that connects the business problems and challenges that our clients face with solutions that our talented production team can implement.
The role requires a deep level of insight, a passion for problem solving and a wealth of digital knowledge. The Senior Strategist is responsible for developing solutions to meet clients’ brand objectives based on consumer insight and data. Spotting trends and technologies that play roles in consumer’s lives, as well as familiarity with digital disciplines - such as SEO, social media, data and analytics, web development, production - are beneficial skills to have in this position.
You will be accountable for partnering with marketing and agency stakeholders to lead strategic initiatives across digital and social. This position entails interaction with a variety of business and IT teams in addition to coordination with multiple external agencies.
The outputs of your work will include proposals, presentations, road maps, digital plans, user journey maps, user personas, and content audits (to name a few!).
Partner and consult with brand teams to develop digital objectives and strategies
Consult with brand teams on social strategy and assist in determining the best way to execute, learn and scale
Work with IT to define technology solutions that support and promote digital business growth
Oversee multiple projects and priorities
Work with a large creative and development team
Stay abreast of digital trends and best practices
Lead Digital IQ sessions to share/train brand teams
Skills & Qualifications
Qualifications / Work Experience / Technical Skills
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English
- Experience leading and providing direction across globally distributed teams
- Experience leading digital strategy in the CPG/FMCG industry
- Proven experience learning and using new technologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong experience in all phases of the creative and website development life cycle
- Strong organization, communication (written and verbal) and motivational skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, negotiation, influence and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to work under pressure to meet aggressive time schedules
- Familiarity with Agile development practices desired
- A strong passion for the web and digital
- Ability to interact and positively influence stakeholders
- Effective at developing creative/innovative solutions
- Ability to lead change, work cross-functionally, and learn quickly
- Good problem-solving skills, bias for action and strong time management skills
- Comfortable presenting to senior leadership
Stuff you need to know about
- User research
- User journeys
- User personas
- Content audits
- Information architecture
- Usability analysis
- User experience design
- Frontend development
- Content management systems
- Digital asset management systems
- Content delivery networks
- Marketing automation
- A/B testing
- Content personalization
- Search Engine Optimization
- Content marketing
About General Mills:
We are a company inspired by purpose: we serve the world by making food people love. Every day we make this love real through our brands, our culture and the way we treat the world.
Our brands—like Yoplait, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Häagen-Dazs and Nature Valley, to name a few—are adored in more than 100
countries on six continents. Our global team of 42,000 brings passion and creativity to work with them every day. And our devotion to community and planet drives the way we give back and do business.
When inspiring purpose meets solid strategy, big things happen. We’re ranked one of the top 20 companies in U.S., with sales of $18.0 billion in 2017. That’s a lot of love.