Digital Marcomms Associate
Digital Marcomms Associate
We are seeking a Digital Marcomms Associate to support our lead generation and customers expanding their use of nanopore technology. This role is essential as we continue to build the global reach of our business.
We use a variety of digital channels to enhance authentic stories of the use of nanopore technology by our thriving and innovative scientific customer community. The Digital Specialist will be responsible for ensuring relevant, engaging and informative materials are seen by existing and potential customers. The role will encompass planning, execution and analysis.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic and enthusiastic contributor to the Marcomms team, highly intelligent, articulate and a great team worker.
Reporting to the Campaign Manager, the Digital Associate will work within the marketing communications framework to actively manage our customer focused content to ensure it is seen by both existing and future customers.
They will work to ensure the retention and progression of existing customers whilst supporting successful lead generation activities. They will be required to work closely with the existing Marcomms team, Market Development, Sales and Product Management teams to create digital campaigns that best address the needs and aspirations of each customer.
Campaigns may include scientific content from White Papers, customer videos and testimonials, publications, case studies and event material. These are created across the Marcomms team working in collaboration with internal and external scientists, and the role of the Digital Specialist will be to work with these teams to understand the nature of these materials, deploy them across the relevant channels, evaluate the impact of doing so and make proposals for future optimisation.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Creation of plans for multi-discipline, integrated digital marketing, working with an internal and external scientific team to ensure content is created and deployed accordingly.
- Working with our automated marketing platforms to share relevant content, improve conversion rates and evaluate for optimisation of future campaigns.
- Writing and optimising content for social networks and working on paid social campaigns.
- Improving Search Engine Optimisation of our website and content.
- Tracking and analysing the impact of our digital communications, identifying trends and opportunities to ensure that the brand is at the forefront of industry developments.
- Editing and posting videos, podcasts and audio content.
- Understanding the vision and tone of voice of Oxford Nanopore, where the customer is at the heart of our community and we support the sharing of customer stories by customers.
What We Are Looking For…..
Previous experience and proven success in digital marketing/marcomms, using marketing automation and analytics to guide and drive campaigns plus an understanding of customer behaviour. Ideally the candidate will be creative from an idea perspective, with an eye for design and an understanding of the power of storytelling, particularly in science. An analytical mindset and a detailed approach will be essential to optimisation process following successful execution of campaigns. A background of working within the life science industry is preferred with knowledge of molecular genetics and genomics ideal.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.