Employing unit: Marketing, Communication and Engagement, (Marketing and Campaigns) SRF number: 22881/F/MCE/20180405
Reference number: SRF22881 - R
Post type: 12 months fixed term – maternity cover
Hours per week: 36 hours a week
Grade: 5 Salary notes: £24,285.00 - £28,938.00
The University of Reading is looking for a talented and ambitious School Marketing Officer to join a dynamic Marketing and Campaigns team. This is a place where you can make an impact and work with talented communication professionals.
Come and join us.
The University of Reading is one of the UK’s leading research intensive universities, worthy of its place in the top 200 universities in the world. It is operating in a highly competitive, global market and it has never been so challenging to attract research income, students, academic and professional staff.
It is the role of the Marketing, Communication and Engagement (MCE) function to provide expert, professional marketing, engagement and communication strategy and delivery. We work in a matrix management model to build the University’s reputation, brand and profile, and deliver robust, innovative and global campaigns to support recruitment, fundraising and engagement targets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Marketing and Campaigns team within MCE. This role supports a Marketing Business Partner to deliver marketing and publicity activities for designated academic Schools/Departments. The Marketing Officer will play a key role in maintaining high standards in the recruitment of students.
It will suit an energetic and ambitious marketing practitioner, with a relevant qualification or experience, who is looking to broaden their marketing skills. Previous experience of working in the HE sector is desirable but not essential.
You will have:
- Ability to prioritise and balance conflicting demands.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to write concise, engaging copy for non-technical audience.
- Above and below the line marketing expertise.
- Analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building; tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to assess marketing challenges and initiate appropriate solutions.
- Evidence of willingness to update skills and knowledge through training and personal development.
- A good honours degree in PR/Communications; or Marketing or related subject.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and effective communication to meet customers’ needs.
- Proven PR, marketing or communication experience.
- Experience of managing marketing initiatives using traditional and social media (Facebook, blogs, YouTube etc.).
- Professional approach.
- Ability to work autonomously and enjoy working with people.
- Good time management with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- A willingness to respond flexibly to a fast changing environment.
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.
Closing date: 29 July 2018
Interview date: 8 August 2018