Marketing Executive - maternity cover
Marketing Executive - maternity contract
About Design Council
Design Council’s purpose is to make life better by design.
We are an independent charity and the governments advisor on design. Our vision is a world where the role and value of design is recognised as a fundamental creator of value, enabling happier, healthier and safer lives for all. Through the power of design, we make better places, better products, better processes and better performance.
How does this role fit in with the bigger picture?
The Marketing & Communications team has a critical role to play in growing the revenues of our business and raising our profile.
The Marketing Executive plays an integral part in creating, producing content and managing our eCRM as well as working with the Campaigns Manager to deliver and activate the marketing activity for our programmes, events and corporate plans.
What is expected from the Marketing Executive?
The Marketing Executive will oversee:
Programme delivery building on the improved performance of Design Council Spark; Design in the Public Sector; Design Academy and Transform Ageing programmes including:
- Work with and assist the Marketing Campaigns Manager in devising marketing strategies for Design Council programmes.
- Develop marketing plans for campaigns as allocated and gaining internal approval.
- Develop audience understanding in order to identify key audience groups for marketing activities.
- Collaborate with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations to ensure relevant project information is clearly and professionally communicated.
- Support the Marketing Campaign Manager with the production of monthly campaign reports for internal circulation, and those required by external funders.
- Develop marketing collateral including brochures, event materials, newsletters and digital content to support the delivery of programme objectives.
- Write copy and source/commission content and written/visual assets for campaign communications.
In addition to programmes, the Marketing Executive is responsible for:
Managing our email marketing function and the continuation of building good practice around our email campaigns including testing, segmenting, driving engagement (open and CTR performance building), database management and being familiar with data protection and GDPR.
Leading and managing our fortnightly newsletter content and delivery, as well as other corporate or research report announcement emails.
Overseeing web and digital communications to support newsletter content including news pieces, features and events.
Sourcing, editing and commissioning photography and video to bring news articles and features to life and working on own initiative to deliver successful organisational campaigns
Minor video edits and sub titling.
Commissioning and briefing writers and other service providers.
Assist to identify and track our audience segments to help with the overall marketing planning and engagement.
Driving relationships with key event organisers for social media partnerships.
Contributing to core message development and digital growth for higher Twitter and Instagram engagement.
Building strong relationships with programme teams and using initiative and proactiveness to generate content to contribute to the improved digital performance, including photography, video and content development.
Managing our Digital Asset Management photo library and sourcing images for digital use across stock sites and freelance commissions and make recommendations to improve engagement within the organisation.
Advocating internal systems that will ensure that content is effective and efficiently delivered.
The strategic delivery of our SEO across different platforms and working with our Digital and Social Media Manager on data analysis to build digital PPC improvements.
Using Google Analytics and other tools available, support the Marketing Campaign Manager with evaluating the performance and impact of campaigns and marketing activity against KPIs, iterating as required.
Liaising with other colleagues in the marketing team (including Digital & Social Media Manager and Website Manager) to ensure activity is well integrated with wider Design Council marketing activities.
Understand and apply brand guidelines in all campaign activities.
- Provide general support to the marketing department as required, and as directed by the Head of Marketing.
- Manage financial reporting where necessary, including raising PO#s and credit card reconciliation.
- Ensure your compliance with the Design Council operational policies and procedures including financial and risk management, project management and evaluation processes, brand guide lines and internal health and safety policy
Does this sound like you?
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience as a Marketing Executive or similar role
- Solid knowledge of MS Office and marketing software (e.g. CRM)
- Experience in building, delivering and testing email marketing campaigns via an ESP (preferably Mailchimp)
- Thorough understanding of digital marketing, including social media and email
- Copywriting skills
- Ability to use analytics to monitor and report on campaign performance
- Experience of uploading content to a website using CMS (desirable)
- Experience using Photoshop and/or InDesign (desirable)
- Experience or knowledge of working for a design business, the creative sector or a charity is highly desirable
- Excellent organisational and project management skills which promote our values
- Excellent attention to detail
- Solution orientated
- Ability to work in an agile environment, to be proactive and fast-paced
- Able to work at all levels, including more complex organisational structures
- Able to plan, prioritise and deliver to tight timescales
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and adopt new approaches
- Proactive, with the ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities
- Adopts a consistent and respectful approach towards others and operates with confidence and integrity
- Interest in/knowledge of the creative industries and/or social innovation and design
All positions will comply with Design Council’s operational policies and procedures including financial and risk management, project management and evaluation processes, brand guidelines and internal health and safety policy.
Equality & Diversity
Design Council is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community. Appointments are made on merit.
Apply for Marketing Executive - maternity cover
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly