Postscript is a flourishing mail order and ecommerce book company established in 1987 based near Newton Abbot in Devon. We sell history, arts and humanities titles through our Postscript catalogue, website www.psbooks.co.uk and via other digital channels. We recruit new customers through a variety of online and offline channels including national press and magazines, print inserts/mailings, PPC, display advertising and social media.
We are looking for an experienced marketing professional to take a key role in recruiting new customers. You will be energetic, well-organised and self-motivated and help to develop current opportunities and to identify and establish new ones.
This is an excellent opportunity for a marketer with a passion for direct marketing and ecommerce within the B2C sector.
As Marketing Coordinator you will report directly to the Marketing Manager and be responsible for a wide variety of tasks.
- Coordinating the promotion and selling of products through mailings, inserts, ecommerce and digital channels including email and social media
- Creating/managing and implementing schedules for all on and offline marketing activity ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Extracting and reporting on key data across channels
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager and Catalogue team to ensure the best placement of products/offers and incentives
- You will be instrumental in driving forward our digital marketing campaigns, working closely with the Marketing Manager and digital agency as well as handling our email and social media campaigns
- Managing activity for social media accounts to drive engagement and sales
- Handling the administration of all marketing campaigns, to include briefing designers, proofreading and managing the workflow from brief to print
- Allocating stock to campaigns and managing inventory
- Dealing with mailing houses, printers and other marketing agencies as required
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Education to degree level, with at least 2 years’ marketing experience in both online and offline channels
- A CIM or IDM diploma or similar marketing qualification
- Experience in digital systems including CMS and social media platforms
- An interest in non-fiction books
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and a track record of delivery under pressure
- Exceptional administrative skills and proficiency in MS Office especially Excel
- A good working knowledge of online analytics tools
- Ability to create artwork, using InDesign and Photoshop, for web banners and email campaigns, with a good creative eye and excellent attention to detail
- Experience of creating commercial social media content
- The ability to work both under own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven organisation and planning skills