Senior Corporate Development Manager
Job - Senior Corporate Development Manager - Horsham - £37K-£43K - Major charity
Your new company
You will be working for the RSPCA, the nationally renowned charity synonymous with animal welfare. Based at their magnificent Head Office just outside of Horsham, West Sussex, you will be joining the Income Generation - Corporate Partnerships department.
Your new role
This role will lead business development activity for the corporate partnerships team. They will identify, engage and secure major new corporate partnerships to deliver value for the RSPCA as well as influencing their animal welfare policies.
What you'll need to succeed
Key tasks and duties:
Meeting with colleagues in operations to Identify key priorities/challenges for RSPCA that can be packaged up as major partnership opportunities that we can offer to corporate prospects.
● Identifying and researching corporate prospects that have a brilliant fit with the RSPCA. Specifically identify the top 10 prospects that we want to engage to develop long-term, major partnerships.
● Creating prospect plans for each top prospect. This will include the company's problems/priorities, the partnership idea and how we will secure a meeting.
● Secure meetings with top prospects through warm introductions from various sources, including current partners, external contacts or internal colleagues.
● Developing powerful and tailored pitches for corporate prospects. Each pitch will include a big partnership idea based on the shared purpose of the company and the RSPCA. If appropriate, to liaise with a graphic designer
and/or video production company to create impactful materials for the pitch.
● Delivering brilliant prospect meetings by preparing thoroughly, taking exactly the right people and delivering a brilliant pitch.
● Follow up meetings and phone calls with prospects to build the relationship, and the emotional and business case.
● Writing a tailored, focused and inspiring proposal.
● Promoting a 'partnership culture' across the RSPCA by building and maintaining strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders.
● Involving them, where relevant, in the process of securing new corporate partnerships, particularly in brainstorming partnership ideas and joining the team at prospect meetings.
● Working with the partnership management team to involve them in securing new partners by attending prospect pitches and meetings as well as providing input to proposals.
● Work with the partnership management team to ensure a smooth and efficient handover of relationship when a corporate prospect confirms they want to be a corporate partner.
● Responsibility for the day-to-day running of the corporate partnerships pipeline. Ensure prospect status is kept up to date so the team has a clear picture of progress on the new business target.
What you'll get in return
Aside from a very attractive salary (and additional benefits package upon completing probation) you will work in an impressive office outside of Horsham, West Sussex. Free parking, bring your pets into work and a 35 hour week with 25 days annual leave.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.