Are you an experienced Ecommerce professional looking for your next challenge? Are you able to think strategically, understand what good looks like and implement your experience and thinking to achieve some quick wins? We are looking for an Online/Ecommerce Manager to join the team of a dynamic and fast paced business in the FMCG industry on a permanent basis. This business has an ambition to become the trusted strategic partner of the online retail accounts that they work with and has full backing of the leadership team to develop the Ecommerce channel in to a growth driver for the business.
The Ecommerce Manager will be responsible for owning the business’ expertise in Ecommerce, increasing sales and profit from retailer’s Ecommerce platforms and working cross functionally with the Brand & Sales teams to maximise brand communication opportunities through online grocery websites. This is a huge opportunity to join a business at the start of their Ecommerce journey and be an integral part of building and shaping the future landscape.
Responsibilities to include:
- Evaluate current landscape and set out customer level objectives, working with Sales and Shopper teams to make them happen
- Proactively build & maintain an extensive contact base within the e-commerce retailer network
- Evaluate the category impact of shopper marketing activity to optimise future activity
- Ensure that the brilliant basics are implemented in order to maximise Sales & ROI
- Proactively feed in to the brand plan development process ensuring the over-arching campaign messages can be translated and communicated ‘Through the line’ driving consistency
- Develop both strategic and tactical activities to push the boundaries of the business’ presence in Ecommerce outside of standard Shopper marketing elements
- Educate and inform Brand teams about ecommerce and the opportunities to increase brand presence
- Provide ongoing category performance tracking for the ecommerce sector and specific retailers and lead the communication of this internally and externally
- Be ahead of the curve with developments in the wider ecommerce sector, recommending key opportunities the business should invest in
- Manage and maintain accurate budget reporting, ensuring effective use of budgets within allocated funding.
As an experienced ecommerce professional you will require the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working in a Retail or Consumer products environment within a strategic ecommerce role
- Familiar with the use of continuous data with the ability to analyse and make recommendations to improve performance
- Successful project management experience
- Ability to work both independently and proactively as a team member, to bring the online agenda in to the wider team
- Highly self-motivated individual with a strong desire to succeed in the ecommerce world
- Creative and open to new ideas and technology platforms
- Educated to degree level