Technology Marketing Director
Hays Marketing is excited to be working in partnership with Applied Satellite Technology Limited (AST), who are a privately owned leading provider of mobile satellite communications, providing equipment, connectivity, applications and solutions from offices in the UK, USA, Africa, Singapore and Australia.
Due to continued growth AST are looking to appoint a Technology Marketing Director which is a newly created role to be based at their office in Norfolk. This is a pivotal role for an ambitious Marketing Director to lead a range of marketing efforts along with an analytical approach to lead generation and identification of opportunities.
This is a new strategic role that will enhance the existing AST Group Board’s capability to develop existing and future revenue streams. AST’s well established position in the market is that of a provider of global remote connectivity, predominantly data rather than voice based which has led the company into developing a suite of value added services that puts AST ahead of the competition especially for benefits based solutions. The role covers a range of business areas including distribution and end users.
Responsibilities to include:
- To develop a deep understanding of the customers and the market.
- To take the lead, while working closely with other functions, on the positioning, messaging and end-to-end content strategy for marketing.
- Working closely with and influencing key stakeholders.
- Continual development of a pipeline of prospective clients, looking at opportunities to support up-selling and cross-selling to existing clients.
- To lead on all strategic marketing planning activities, including: research, market mapping, customer segmentation, acquisition and retention planning, and take to market strategies, branding, and all other essential areas of the marketing mix. This would be across digital and non-digital, direct and indirect routes and to ensure effective ROI on marketing investment.
- Ensure marketing strategy is aligned with the sales strategy, especially around lead generation, the business’s pillars of growth and the provision of high quality support materials.
- To measure and monitor the performance of all marketing activities, and to constantly re-prioritise to maximise return on investment.
Key Skills and Experiences:
- Strategic planning and delivery.
- Project leadership on a multi-site, multi-stakeholder level.
- Financial and budget accountability, numerate and a commercial mind-set.
- Provide leadership & vision to marketing and shape a marketing team.
- To set high standards of quality in order to impact and influence customers.
- Develop and motivate staff through appropriate levels of mentoring, coaching and monitoring to shape culture, behaviours and competencies to support business objectives.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What you'll need to succeed
As a Technology Marketing Director you will have a proven track record of marketing experience both in the UK & Internationally, strong experience of strategic planning, inspiring and leading a marketing team as well as the ability to be operational for day-to-day marketing.
AST are looking for an enthusiastic marketing specialist with sharp commercial awareness who will be able to grow into the role. Specific industry experience will be hugely advantageous including: IT solutions, networks or telecommunications. However to be considered for this role you will need to have developed a proven capability to establish measurable marketing plans and have successfully introduced new products and services.
In return AST are offering a competitive salary of circa £75,000 + BUPA + profit share.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please visit hays.co.uk/jobs/ast-group or for an informal discussion please contact Claire Pettitt who is the retained consultant working in partnership with AST.
Closing date for all applications will be on Friday 29th June.
Interviews will take place w/c 9th July day/times tbc
For more information, please visit