FMCG/Drinks Marketing Controller – Green King portfolio
4 days left
- Full Time
A unique opportunity to join the country’s leading pub retailer and brewer – Greene King – in a newly created senior marketing role leading a significant portfolio. Huge potential for step changing impact as the business renews its focus on reinvigorating and developing some of its top brands across the on and off trade (plus some export).
The Marketing Controller will lead the portfolio with total ownership, reporting to the Marketing Director. This is a fantastic opportunity for a marketer to stretch their strategic and commercial capabilities, with full responsibility for the direction of the brands. You would be responsible for the strategic development, planning and activation of the Annual Brand Plan and ensuring this plan delivers revenue and profit targets. You would help lead the overall brand strategy with the goal of maximising long term equity and brand profitability, working cross-functionally on all growth initiatives.
This role would appeal to a classically trained FMCG / Drinks marketer with well rounded brand management experience who has delivered successfully around innovation/NPD. You’ll be entrepreneurial in spirit – resilient and able to deal with ambiguity, with the strength of character to back yourself and your ideas and happy to be hands-on. Ideally you’ll have drinks experience including on-trade, but strong candidates from food and drink backgrounds will also be considered.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop the brand vision and lead the execution of the Brand Plan.
- Innovation - define and implement exciting NPD that strengthens the overall brand in a rapidly evolving market.
- Brand analytics – tracking brand results, diagnosing business drivers, and recommending appropriate actions.
- Ensuring marketing activity builds brand equity and maintains the brands category leading levels of loyalty.
- Responsibility for managing all aspects of the mix including leading relationships with key agencies (media, advertising, PR, and digital).
- Working with the sales teams to optimise sales across the different sales channels (on trade, off trade and export).
- Graduate calibre with proven marketing success in a leading FMCG business.
- Creative and analytical mind, you will use data to support compelling strategies and executional plans.
- Prior experience and proven success in managing external agency relationships.
- Experience in developing integrated plans across all touch points from media to on pack.
- In-depth knowledge and proven results on brands distributed in UK multiple grocers.
- Savvy with continuous and panel data as well as familiar with all market research techniques.
- Ideally sports sponsorship and TV experience. Export experience also beneficial.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence cross-functionally.
- Ability to develop strategies which produce step-change business results.
- Passionate about consumers and understanding of brands and the need for emotional connection with consumers.
- Able to work with ambiguity; flexibly minded to offer innovative solutions.
- Commercially savvy with a good understanding of drivers of profitability (full P&L responsibility).
- Excellent communication skills; ability to energize teams by conveying compelling vision.
- Excellent project management skills, able to plan effectively, time management and the ability to delegate appropriately.
This is a high profile, important role in a fast-paced, exciting business. There is a lot of interaction with the board so you’ll be a confident, assertive marketer with the ability to influence and manage upwards. You’ll be a true brand champion with a tenacious ability to deliver projects on time, a resilient ambitious approach, and an ability to energise and develop people.
The location is Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk, a beautiful historic town in a picturesque part of the country. Realistically this role would require a relocation which can be supported, but we’re still keen to have conversations where more flexibility might be required.
Better Placed Recruitment have been retained to lead the search for this role so please direct all enquiries through Caspar Giles.
*Please note we try to respond to all applications but due to the volume we receive sometimes we’re not able to get back to all unsuccessful candidates. If your application has been successful you can expect to hear from us within 2-5 days.
Apply for FMCG/Drinks Marketing Controller – Green King portfolio
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly