Digital Product Manager - API
Digital Product Manager - API
As a Barclays Digital Product Manager, you will help drive the vision, strategy, design, and execution of API (application program interface) products and services. You will have the energy and ambition of an entrepreneur within Barclays and the technical background to be capable around API delivery and development whilst managing business stakeholders across the bank to meet API product needs.
The API Business is setting up a new channel for external engagement using modern, restful API services for products and services. The team will own API product management and delivery roles for new services that the bank looks to develop and be responsible for shaping up the new standard of banking that will really create valuable API’s that sit at the heart of successful ventures to come. The API Business aims to be the first choice for powering new ideas and ventures in a connected world.
As a Digital Product Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Driving the technology roadmap for digital channels, to ensure the delivery of digital product propositions and their overall direction in Business Banking
- Leading a team of digital product managers in Business Banking, advising proposition managers on solution viability and feasibility
- Developing solution designs for propositions, and managing them through to implementation
- Focusing on new design solutions for our Digital Banking business, defining innovative change in both online and mobile digital channels.
As a Digital Product Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Technical knowledge & coding to at least a foundations level
- Demonstrable knowledge of latest trends and best practices in API development
- Understanding of developer experience
- Understanding of customer centric design techniques Strong level of communication skills, often at a senior level, internally and externally
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed. That's not all. We'll also offer you private healthcare, childcare savings, and employer discounts. All this, plus a unique company spirit that encourages people to achieve their best.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We will consider applications from job share applicants. At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.