- The biggest online retailer of garden bird food with annual sales of £8m
- Play a key part in setting the company ecommerce strategy
About Our Client
Garden and Home Trading Company Ltd was recently acquired by Invalesco Ltd resulting in the combined business being the biggest online retailer in the UK in the Garden Bird Food market, with sales of around £8m. With 4 brands and a garden centre within their portfolio, they are a key player in the market. A forward thinking, entrepreneurial company, which are marketing led and allow their employees the autonomy to take risks. Ambitious, with a clear vision of where they want to take the business, it is an exciting time to join as they gear up for fast growth.
As the Ecommerce Manager you will report into the Sales & Operations Director and take full ownership for the online strategy and its implementation.
Other key duties include:
- Delivering the online strategy for multiple brands across several websites and through the management and execution of online e-marketing and advertising campaigns
- Take responsibility for areas such as SEO, SEM, social media, mobile, display and affiliate marketing.
- Strive to improve visitor traffic, promote engagement and increase new customer acquisition.
- Drive project planning and improve management of marketing activities.
- Report on areas of success and areas needing improvement, to identify opportunities for growth.
- Optimise and create business content - blog, email, social and product.
- Endeavour to constantly evolve the brand's online presence whilst maximising sales and profit with acute strategic vision.
- Create, manage and lead email marketing initiatives including email newsletters, triggered event emails and customer nurture campaigns
The Successful Applicant
The successful Ecommerce Manager will ideally come from an online retail background and have a minimum of 2 years experience within a similar role.
Additional required expereince includes:
- A proven track record in digital, search (SEO & PPC), affiliates, e-marketing, and social media is essential.
- Highly developed web analytics knowledge and a proven level of success developing strategy based on achieving specified sales targets.
- Good knowledge of analytics tools - Google Analytics, Google Webmaster etc, knowledge and experience of link building and improving the customer journey through navigation, search, etc.
- Superb communication skills and the ability to forge strong working relationships both internally and externally.
Garden and Home Trading Company are small team that value their staff. If you have a 'can-do', proactive, team player approach to your work, you will fit in to this team.
What's on Offer
- £25,000 - £35,000 DOE + benefits
- Parking on site
- Opportunity for bonus
- Transparent environment where you will have full autonomy and ownership over your work
- Opportunity to progress and accelerate your career
Ref Code: MPMI13902667Z