Senior Project Manager
Econsultancy Senior Project Manager
Our name is a bit of a curveball. It’s easy for people to assume we’re just another consulting house. In fact we’re much more than that, and in everything we do there are always two things that drive us: our content and our community.
Our award-winning content and thought leadership is what makes our blog, events, training and consultancy highly sought after. Our community means that we can always find the right expert for any challenge…and crowdsource the answers when we don’t. Simply put, we love empowering millions of Marketers to achieve excellence in everything they do.
Our customers come to us to build their knowledge, their teams’ capabilities, validate decisions and benchmark their activity. They know they can trust us to provide independent advice. Without mincing our words.
An experienced Project Manager (min. 3 years) to take responsibility for much of our Customised training.
The training that we provide for our clients is truly best in class, we’re proud of the difference we can make, and are looking for someone who has the passion and skills to help us do this.
The role involves building close client relationships, often at a very senior level, so requires a ‘grown up’ with the maturity and people skills to engage with clients and deliver outstanding client service.
It will also necessitate building close ties with all Econsultancy’s consultants and trainers, and working with them to provide outstanding training solutions for our clients.
The nature of our customised training projects is varied in nature and scale, from a one-off training workshop, to the design and delivery of ongoing Marketing Academies for the likes of Sainsbury’s, Virgin and SSE.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the success of their projects, and to be a central driver of customised training at Econsultancy, as part of a close-knit project team. This will involve managing all aspects of the project – from the initial pitching/proposals, to designing the training plan in close collaboration with the Econsultancy team and appropriate consultants/trainers, to the successful delivery of all training including workshops, materials, and feedback to build on learnings.
Key responsibilities include:
- The management, smooth running, client liaison and growth of all on-going Customised training programmes
- Supporting colleagues with new business efforts, both through organic growth of existing clients, and through pitches for new clients
- Managing current and future Marketing Academies on an ongoing basis, building close relationships with all clients
- Practicing and helping embed of our Ways of Working for training, encompassing all trainers and Econsultancy team members
- Managing one-off training workshops as required, in close collaboration with colleagues and trainers
- Ensuring all work is delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest possible standard every time
- Compiling, analysing and sharing feedback/performance scores as a means of demonstrating success and in creating an environment for further training opportunities
- Identifying new opportunities and revenue streams from existing clients and demonstrating that you are able to incrementally increase revenue
- Overseeing and guiding our Project Executives; managing and coaching them to ensure the flawless running of all customised training programmes.
- To be known as the ‘go-to’ person on the Econsultancy Capability team for Customised training
- To act as a role model:
- Being supportive and helpful, and instilling best practice behaviours into the whole team
- Ensuring things get done – using management and influencing skills to bring about enthusiastic teamwork, with clear roles & responsibilities, to initiate action amongst your immediate and wider Econsultancy team
- Demonstrating strong client-facing skills – be the client’s champion within Econsultancy, and the Econsultancy champion with the client
- Being responsible for the smooth running of all of your projects
- Demonstrating ongoing proactive collaboration with the wider Econsultancy Capability team, plus the wider Econsultancy/Centaur teams
- To be fluent in every Econsultancy product & offering
- Industry knowledge: Embracing the industry and demonstrating a real knowledge of the dynamics of Marketing Excellence and Client/Agency models outside of training
- Instinctive and natural passion for training and a real interest in Marketing
- Proven track record, either client or agency-side, with a strong understanding of market dynamics & Marketing.
- Entrepreneurial flair and passion that enables a positive and determined approach to projects
- Self-motivated and capable of hands-on problem solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions, and ensure exceptional culture of client service.
- Confident, articulate and a proactive thinker.
- Strong communication & presentation skills (verbal, digital & visual).
- Proven team player