3 days left
- Full Time
The University of Reading is looking for a talented and ambitious Marketing Officer to join dynamic Marketing & Campaigns team. This is a place where you can make an impact and work with talented communication professionals.
Come and join us.
The University of Reading is one of the UK’s leading research intensive universities. It is operating in a highly competitive, global market and it has never been so challenging to attract research income, students, academic and professional staff.
It is the role of the Marketing, Communication and Engagement (MCE) function to provide expert, professional marketing, engagement and communication strategy and delivery. We work in a matrix management model to build the University’s reputation, brand and profile, and deliver robust, innovative and global campaigns to support recruitment, fundraising and engagement targets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Marketing & Campaigns team within MCE. This role supports a Marketing Business Partner to deliver marketing and publicity activities for designated academic Schools/Departments. The Marketing Officer will play a key role in maintaining high standards in the recruitment of students.
It will suit an energetic and ambitious marketing practitioner, with a relevant qualification or experience, who is looking to broaden their marketing skills. Previous experience of working in the HE sector is desirable but not essential.
You will have:
• Experience of developing and delivering marketing plans against approved objectives.
• Understanding of the full marketing mix.
• A self-starter who is able to manage and prioritise a busy workload.
• Good project management skills.
• Good communications skills (written and verbal) – ability to write concise, engaging copy for a non-technical audience.
• Experience of managing internal and/or external suppliers in the creative briefing, design and print production process.
• Good knowledge of digital trends and social media.
• Campaign management experience.
• Creative and visual design awareness.
• Understanding of the importance of measuring marketing activity to inform future developments.
• Proven stakeholder management skills, to advise key clients on marketing and publicity matters, outlining potential new opportunities.
• A good honours degree or relevant experience in Marketing/Communications/PR or related subject area.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience of working in a complex organisation.
• Experience of working in the HE sector is desirable but not essential.
For an informal chat about this role, please contact Karen Smalley, Head of Marketing & Campaigns on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0118 378 3827 or Dawn Aggas, Marketing Business Partner on email@example.com or 0118 378 3819.