Head of Marketing – Business & Community Solutions
Head of Marketing – Business & Community Solutions – E.ON UK
Salary: Senior Executive salary plus comprehensive package
E.ON’s aim is to be at the forefront of the global shift towards new technology and create a better tomorrow for everyone; working with customers, companies and across communities to make energy simpler, smarter and more sustainable.
E.ON’s key three core businesses mirror the major changes that are happening in energy today: increasing demand for innovative customer solutions, the global growth of renewables as part of the effort to tackle climate change, and the transformation to a smarter energy system.
E.ON’s business is built on these foundations because they believe they are the building blocks of the new energy world. They provide solutions for this new energy world – decentralised, green, and interconnected – and they make sure that everything we do has a single focus: their customers, whether they’re individuals or families, big or small businesses, or even entire towns and cities.
Around five million customers in the UK choose to get their energy from E.ON, making them one of the leading energy providers in the UK. As part of the E.ON Group, they’re also one of the foremost energy companies in the world. All 9,400 people who work for E.ON across Britain are committed to creating a better tomorrow for everyone by delivering new solutions, products and services built around our customers’ differing needs, to help them save energy and money and find the solutions that are right for them.
Our core purpose is to deliver personalised, sustainable energy solutions for everyone.
The role, Head of Marketing, is a new permanent position that will lead the Business & Community solutions marketing strategy and is integral to the development of the B2B operation.
The Head of Marketing role will be responsible for:
- The development and implementation of E.ON’s Business & Community Services marketing strategy in the UK, ensuring a simple, effective and consistent position is established that differentiates E.ON from its competitors and is consistent with the Group.
- Developing the overall marketing approach in line with business priorities and commercial needs
- Create and drive customer acquisition and retention strategies
- Understands the market landscape, taking advantage of opportunities and new possibilities with high commercial value
- Develops strong relationships with the senior leadership team, key internal stakeholders and relevant external 3rd parties
- Monitors marketing spend, reporting on ROI
- Drives best practice sharing across all marketing activities through robust monitoring and analysis
- Management and development of a small team of marketing managers
- Working with the Marketing leadership team to align commercial, insight, proposition and pricing developments to build a marketing strategy which:
- Differentiates E.ON versus its competitors
- Builds knowledge, engagement, trust and satisfaction amongst customers
- Delivers agreed budgeted targets for B2B and B2M propositions
- Developing and agreeing with marketing leadership team an holistic marketing plan to support agreed brand and business objectives utilising all aspects of the marketing mix (paid for channels, websites, digital & social media and sponsorship, PR, internal comms)
- Input and agreement into annual sales targets as part of Medium Term Planning process
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of the business unit commercial objectives with a clear marketing strategy
- Effective and efficient management and allocation of marketing budgets, & strategic plans
This role will require a real passion for strategic marketing and changing and influencing multiple senior stakeholders.
The successful candidate will come into this rare and exciting role with a proven business to business marketing background, comfortable leading multi-faceted teams across multiple stakeholders. The role sits on the marketing leader ship team and works across a matrix
Ideally the candidate will be/have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience and ideally additional qualification such as an MBA
- Strong stakeholder management skills, strategic planning & implementation experience and a keen understanding of commercial drivers.
- T shaped marketer with very broad experience and in depth knowledge of at least two specific areas ( e.g. digital, communications)
- Broad and deep B2B marketing experience gained over a number of years and roles within blue chip brand
- Experience of delivering large scale, marketing plans to drive sales delivery
- Significant experience of leading functional teams (40 plus)
- Significant previous P&L responsibility
- Experience of managing diverse internal and external Stakeholder/ groups
- relationship management
- Accustomed to working in matrix organisational structures
- Strong commercial understanding
The preferred method of application is online by clicking the Apply button.
If you are unable to apply online please email your CV and cover letter, citing reference number, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 9th April