Why Choose Us?
UK Government Investments is the centre of government expertise in corporate finance and corporate governance.
It leads on all significant government asset sales, advises on the corporate governance of government arms-length bodies, leads on the creation of new public bodies, advises on major government financial interventions and commercial negotiations and also incorporates UK Financial Investments which holds HM Government’s investments in financial institutions. Its aim is to improve the government’s performance as a shareholder in businesses.
Working for UKGI provides a unique opportunity for talented individuals from both the public and private sector to contribute to work of critical national importance.
UKGI is looking for a senior communications manager to lead on internal and external communications. You will be responsible for:
- All external and internal communications materials and strategies in alignment with the organisations key communications plans.
- Liaising with external PR agencies to deliver on brand, strategic external communications to engage with target stakeholders and organisations.
- To manage all internal communications including key staff engagement plans and senior stakeholder engagement, managing and developing relationships with senior managers and colleagues whilst providing engagement advice.
- Developing and maintaining crucial partnerships with organisations and planning events around wider engagement plans.
- You will be expected to identify opportunities to influence and engage with new stakeholders.
- Measure and evaluate the impact and success of all strategic communications materials.
A successful applicant will have:
- Extensive experience of devising and implementing successful internal and external communications strategies.
- A proven track record of success in delivering targeted and on brand media and PR materials across multiple channels.
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with external organisations.
- A commercially driven and have a forward thinking, strategic attitude. You will be someone who is resilient and adaptable, demonstrating strong communication and influencing skills, and the confidence to liaise with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Knowledge and experience of the intricacies of communications within central government and/or financial services is desirable.
As an employer of choice UKGI offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package.
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Defined Contribution pension scheme
- A healthy work life balance
Please click the Apply button to apply for this role.