Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £55,000 – £58,000 + benefits
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: by midnight on Sunday 18 March
Are you a talented, experienced, marketing professional with a passion for leading teams to create national social change? Are you fascinated by insight, driven by a desire to innovate and inspire? Are you passionate about creating, embedding and growing stand out brands that unify and challenge? Are you looking to work for a growing and ambitious organisation that sees strategic and insight led marketing and communications as crucial to achieving its ambition?
That’s what we’re looking for and if it sounds like you, get in touch.
About the role
Arthritis remains an issue, and a cause, that is misunderstood, accepted, ignored and, at worse, belittled. Yet there are millions of people living in pain right now. Arthritis leads to isolation, exclusion and mental health problems. And the numbers are growing fast. To recognise this enormous unmet need, the two leading national arthritis charities in the UK, Arthritis Research UK and Arthritis Care have joined together, formally merging in November 2017. We are currently working to set our vision and reposition the organisation to achieve the change that people with arthritis need.
As the Head of Marketing, you will lead the embedding of our brand strategy, as well as our shared commitment to challenge perceptions and to raise the status of arthritis, so that more and better treatments and support is available to everyone living with arthritis.
You’ll be working with colleagues across the organisation, to promote and market our information and support services. You’ll also oversee the production and brand teams, working to champion excellence in our marketing communications and content.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of leading high profile and high impact issue/social based multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Experience in delivering successful response marketing programs.
- Experience in implementing, embedding and evaluating brand building strategies and campaigns to increase brand awareness and shift brand perception.
- Be skilled at educating and inspiring teams to work with and advocate for the brand.
- Experience of managing a range of effective integrated marketing teams and agencies to deliver significant results.
- A strong understanding of the full channel mix with an emphasis on digital and a passion for media innovation.
How to apply
To apply please submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- and a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification.
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by midnight on Sunday 18 March. Further details available on our website when you click apply.
First interviews expected: Thursday 22 March, at our London office
Second interviews expected: Thursday 29 March, at our London office.
Arthritis Care and Arthritis Research UK merged on 1 November 2017. We believe that together we can overcome the pain, isolation and fatigue of arthritis and have a greater positive impact on the lives of 10 million people across the UK who are currently living with the condition.
Our ambition is to invest in breakthrough treatments, change attitudes towards arthritis, reach many thousands more with the information and support they need, and influence the provision of services and more essential research into better treatments and cures.
Read more about our merged organisation, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Arthritis Research is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156