Digital Communications Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Main purpose of the role
- Reporting to the Head of Media and Digital, and sitting within the External Relations team, this post plays a key part in the design and delivery of the NAO’s communications strategy, with a specific lead role in the NAO’s digital work.
- The main purpose of the role is to provide specialist digital expertise for external communications and to develop and optimise the NAO’s online activity, ensuring that our digital channels and content drive growth, impact and engagement with our target audiences, and support the NAO strategy to help Parliament and government drive lasting improvement in public services.
- With an ever-changing digital landscape, and an ambitious communications strategy, the NAO is looking for someone to help us modernise our external digital communications approach and activity, increasing our influence with key stakeholders. The NAO has a small team and this role is fundamental to the success of the organisation's digital communications.
- The role is accountable for setting and implementing the strategy and direction of the NAO’s digital footprint, as well as leading on the online marketing of our 70+ reports published each year and monitoring our digital channels to identify potential risks and opportunities.Working closely with a number of teams, this role is pivotal in driving the digital agenda forward across the NAO
Full details of the responsibilities can be found in the attached job description.
The successful candidate will bring the following:-
- Deliver digital communications campaigns and projects. Strong track record of developing and implementing successful digital communications strategies, campaigns, projects and products for different audiences. Can run cross-channel digital campaigns on limited budgets, and develop and manage online communities and corporate social media accounts, applying sound risk and reputation management. Delivers user research projects, using insight to develop and improve services and drive audience engagement. Creates user-centred designs considering user experience, including analytics, feedback and usability testing. Strong project management skills.
- Strong technical skills including an excellent working knowledge of HTML and CSS, experience of web development, and a track record in working with and configuring content management systems (particularly WordPress), and training others to use them. Experience in mobile applications and a good understanding of responsive web design. Proficient in using web analytic tools, email marketing solutions and social media monitoring tools
- Relationship management and collaboration – develops effective working relationships with experts and with colleagues from all grades, and works effectively with them to devise strategies which explain their work in ways which the media and online audiences find effective. Collaborates with colleagues to achieve shared goals and proactive in contributing to the success of others. Manages third party suppliers effectively.
- Communication and impact – Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and can produce clear, succinct and accessible communication outputs. Establishes credibility quickly with line colleagues and becomes a trusted advisor. Adapts style to suit different communications media and audiences. Ability and demonstrable experience of presenting corporate information to a range of audiences, using plain English to get complex messages across and ensure appropriate tone, consistency and brevity to achieve desired outcomes
- Drive, resilience and flexibility – ambitious to deliver innovation and high performance and to achieve successful business outcomes through self and others. Driven to ensure digital communications impact is evaluated effectively and built upon to ensure constant improvement. Fast and responsive to meet demands, can manage multiple demands and agile when business needs and requirements change.
Full details of the required competencies can be found in the attached job description.
You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.
To apply candidates should provide an up to date CV and covering letter setting out briefly why you are suitable for this role.
Successful candidates from the sifting stage will be invited for a face-to-face interview which also includes a task (details will be forwarded to interview candidates).
There will be a second stage interview with the Director of External Communications and Marketing.
First and second stage interviews will take place between week commencing 19th and 26th March.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on 14th March.