Aviation Marketing Manager
Aviation Marketing Manager
Salary £30-37,000 plus free parking and a competitive benefits package
Do you want to join the largest UK owned airport operator? A position is now available in our marketing team based at Manchester Airport.
Manchester Airport Group serves circa 48 million passengers and handles almost 500,000 tonnes of freight per year via our airports; Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands.
This is your opportunity to join this exciting and ambitious business at a time of growth. Our overall vision as a group is to be the premier airport management and services company and we are striving towards this within every element of our business.
This exciting opportunity is available due to an internal promotion. The Aviation Marketing Manager role is commercially focused, driving the delivery of the passenger numbers in the Manchester Airport business plan.
As the Aviation Marketing Manager, you will deliver a blend of strategic and tactical sales & marketing plans on budget, through ROI driven, multi-channel campaigns via all consumer channels for a portfolio of aviation accounts in your remit.
The Aviation Marketing Manager will develop local insight in the Manchester catchment area and use this to implement marketing activity and recommendations for airline partners to consider in their own and joint marketing activity.
In addition, the post holder will demonstrate exceptional product knowledge for their airline / tour operator accounts, including brand guidelines, customer profile, marketing activity and distribution channels, flight timetables, destination mix and competitor airport information.
- Educated to degree level and a Marketing qualification are desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrable marketing experience.
- Strong commercial acumen is a must.
- Experience in the travel industry is desirable but not essential.
- Astute and flexible, with strong influencing skills and entrepreneurial approach to marketing. Ability to manage both urgent tactical activity with more strategic plans.
- Proven experience of integrated campaign planning and execution. Must have a strong understanding of the online and offline marketing environment, and ability to manage creative agencies effectively.
- Be ready to work at evening/weekend events alongside your accounts as required.
- Must be an innovative thinker, with evidence of an inquisitive approach to marketing, continually looking for new ways of increasing revenue.
- Strong relationship builder / interpersonal skills with excellent communication skills.
- Customer focussed, self-starter with ‘can do’ attitude and bags of enthusiasm to make a real difference to MAG
- The role is based at Manchester Airport but some UK travel may be required.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary with a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme and an annual bonus scheme.
Short-listed candidates will need to be available to attend an assessment centre on Friday 23rd March and second stage interviews on Wednesday 28th March.
This advert will close midnight on Monday 12th March.
MAG are a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.