Fiddes Payne is privately-owned food business looking for a Marketing Manager to take on a truly exciting and varied role. With a strong and growing portfolio of their own food brands, they also have a number of licenses in place with a range of high profile brand names, including Jamie Oliver.
Fiddes Payne are a consumer and customer focused partnership business working to deliver excellent service as standard. They are values led and seek to learn every day to make their business better tomorrow. They are ambitious and driven and love working with people and businesses that share their passion for excellence and innovation. They are looking to appoint a Marketing Manager to manage the Savoury portfolio with a proven range of skills balanced across Brand and Category Marketing, to help drive the next phase of the Company’s growth.
The business is well situated for people living north and north of London in Bucks and Oxfordshire as well as some parts of the Midlands.
This is a truly exciting time to join the business and this role is a business critical role in driving and delivering the marketing agenda
About the Role
- This is an opportunity for classically trained marketer with strong brand management skills to take on a varied role which spans full commercial and brand ownership for a portfolio in the ambient savoury category. It’s a critical role reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and Innovation, a role that sits on the senior leadership team of the business and will cover a number of areas.
- The successful candidate will own and champion their agenda across the whole of the food brands.
- You will have a key part to play in ensuring the brand protection and future success of your portfolio and you will be charged with delivering ambitious plans and maximising the profit potential through marketing and innovation programs.
- You will lead brand launches from concept through to launch planning and delivery.
- Brand strategy, planning and activation
- Development of category growth plans and solutions for our brands and retail customers
- License ownership from commercial negotiation to creative development and product delivery
- A&P planning and delivery across all channels to budget
- P&L planning and budget delivery o You will collaborate with NPD colleagues to create winning strategies and offers in the market place to delight and excite shoppers o Insight development, trend and competitor monitoring to identify opportunities for NPD
- 5 Year NPD pipeline management with the Innovation team
- A proven track record in Marketing with solid brand, category and product experience within a major retail sector – FMCG is highly desirable.
- An individual who is operating in a similar position in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment. Influential and engaging, you'll be able to inspire action in others.
- Insatiable curiosity for understanding consumers and shoppers and the world they exist in, with evidence in applying this to drive brand and business growth.
- An undeniable passion for the food industry exhibiting excellent analytical and numeric skills with the ability to identify and interpret market trends.
- Resilience together with emotional intelligence to build, develop and maintain collaborative and powerful cross functional relationships internally and with licensors/suppliers
- At home in a fast-paced environment, working cross-functionally with large levels of autonomy
- A creatively led, highly commercial marketer who can communicate and influence at all levels
- Confidence in challenging existing thinking and beliefs about innovation, consumers, shoppers and brands
- Prepared to be flexible in an entrepreneurial environment, tackling a range of tasks and unafraid to roll your sleeves up
- Ideally you will have some experience of dealing with
- Licensed products and own label management
- Line Management experience essential
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don't hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise on a daily basis.**