Marketing Director- Europe
Lands’ End is a global multi-channel retailer designing and selling American classically styled clothes. We are also a company with a great story to tell. Since 1963, we’ve earned a reputation for quality clothing, being a great place to work and providing the best customer service in the industry. In fact, we believe in our product and our people so much that everything we sell comes with an unconditional guarantee.
Our European Head office is based in beautiful Rutland, voted one of the best places to live in the UK. We have a second office in Mettlach, Germany – close to the borders of France and Luxembourg.
Expectations of you and the role:
In this dynamic role you will develop and deliver our European strategic multi-channel marketing plans, which align to our vision & values, and will integrate all channels to create a seamless customer experience. You will be highly customer centric, passionate about fuelling Lands’ End’s digital growth and expanding our marketing activities and services in order to penetrate untapped market opportunities.
The global business is undergoing significant investment in updating its technologies and skills, you will be instrumental in ensuring that our European marketing team is capitalizing on this investment. At the same time you will transition the team’s structure and skills to maximize our digital capabilities at a pace that works for the European customer. To do this you will bring cutting edge digital marketing skills and be able to maintain strong communications with the senior US Marketing leadership whilst collaborating closely with your European Director counterparts to ensure the business as a whole moves in synergy.
You will have an extensive multi-channel marketing background and be able to demonstrate you can quickly understand, and successfully lead, our catalogue channels which currently drive a significant part of the business. You will also need to think strategically whilst operating hands-on, creating a strong forward thinking vision and ensuring the team is working cohesively and quickly reacting to trading conditions.
You will be an expert in German and UK markets, with excellent written and verbal English skills.
Whilst your marketing team of 25 heads is based equally across the two offices, there is an expectation that the majority of the time should be spent in the UK head office. We will be open to relocation or supporting travel expenses.
Other key responsibilities:
- Implement multi-channel strategies to meet current trade targets.
- Implement current initiatives: Personalisation, Loyalty program, Mobile first, Buyer file growth and Partnerships development.
- Implement a transitional plan to maximize our digital potential.
- Direct the marketing disciplines of Digital, Catalogue, Email, eCommerce and User Experience, Analytics and Brand.
- Provide the business with customer insights through robust analytics and customer opinion.
- Identify new areas for growth and opportunities beyond current organizational thinking.
- Currently working at Director level with extensive experience in multi-channel marketing, bringing with you the latest digital and mobile knowledge
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test & learn results
- A proven record of attracting, and developing strong talent
- A results oriented person, with an entrepreneurial approach,
- Responsive trader operating in partnership with Product Director.
- Ability to identify and translate business opportunities into metrics and strategies.
- Quick to respond to changing situations and juggling priorities
- Finds workable solutions to problems
- 30% Annual Bonus (dependent upon company performance)
- 25 days holiday + 8 Public holidays
- 50% staff discount on catalogue/website products
- 30% discount in our outlet store
- Private Medical Health Care
- Company sick pay scheme (short & long term)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Free access to a local gym and pool (just 5 minutes up the road from Lands’ End)
Find out more by clicking to apply – you will be taken to our Applicant Tracking System where you can upload your CV.
To learn more about us go to landsend.co.uk/careers.
You must be immediately eligible to work in the UK.
No agencies please.