EMEA Social Media & PR Manager
EMEA Social Media & PR Manager
This is a central role within both the EMEA marketing team and the wider Global Social Media team. Partnering with and taking strategic direction from the US Social Media team, the Social Media and PR Manager is responsible for managing all the social platforms for the Munchkin EMEA region, creating amazing social content and telling the story of the brand in an engaging and inspiring way whilst adhering to and implementing the Munchkin global brand and social strategy across established, new and emerging markets. You will be responsible for producing impactful and engaging social content ensuring our social feeds are elevated, curated and reflect our brand DNA. This role will deliver strong KPIs and be responsible for growing a highly engaged social audience.
The position will be responsible for devising and delivering localized UGC and paid social campaigns, ensuring consistent ROI and driving business through to ecom as well as bricks and mortar. Measuring and synthesizing all social media metrics for the brand as well as being one of the brand’s leading experts on social will be fundamental.
The candidate needs to have a willingness and ability to support and help drive “digitalization” of the marketing team; a creative, net-savvy individual who is highly engaged in social networking sites and a good understanding of the competitor landscape.
This is a key role within a fast-paced environment, multi-tasking whilst maintaining a strong, strategic and holistic overview of local markets, the brand and the world of social media is critical to success.
This position will not only work in partnership with our US Social Media and PR team, but also with our European Distributor partners and local country agencies to share best practices, facilitate global communication and ensure all our pages remain in line with our brand DNA.
- Campaign development and Implementation to support:
- Management the regions Social platforms through direct ownership and through the management of local agencies and consultants, working with the Marketing team to drive strategy and engagement of followers.
- Develop social media content: creating and curating amazing imagery across the platforms aligned with the brand and business goals.
- Planning all social content in line with Marketing campaigns and driving different content across the various social channels to engage audiences.
- Maintain the “voice of Munchkin” across all social media platforms in support of all products and to drive consumer engagement.
- Grow and Manage Munchkin’s social media presence.
- Identify which platforms to utilize.
- Monitor community dialogue and feedback, synthesize, and make recommendations for action.
Bloggers and Advocate Network
- Mange all outreach to “Mommy Blogger” community, establishing relationships to give Munchkin a competitive advantage in blogger recommendations and advocacy. Establish and maintain a group of Munchkin advocates who provide product feedback and generate online reviews.
- Assist with community outreach and engagement via Munchkin’s ecommerce website.
- Create Marketing programmes utilizing social media channels to drive traffic to the Munchkin.com E.Commerce site. Utilize the Munchkin e-mail database to regularly engage with consumers, drive traffic and increase conversion to support the annual E.Commerce financial revenue goal.
- Establish and build relationships with key industry journalists and pitch news, reviews and trend stories to provide Munchkin (corporate) and its brands with positive, influential press coverage.
- Identify and secure press briefings at various tradeshows.
- Build and maintain relationships with the media.
- Generate compelling press materials delivering our key messages.
- Develop corporate band materials and produce product demo guides.
- Create engaging monthly newsletters
- ROI and Campaign Analysis
- Ensure KPI’s and Measurable Metrics are in place to manage the ROI to support the budgeted investment and campaign effectiveness.
- Degree in Marketing/English/PR/Communications or similar discipline preferred.
- 5 plus years public relations and social media marketing experience, preferably in consumer-packaged goods.
- Strong knowledge of public relations best practices and metrics
- Strong communication skills and a highly professional manner with the motivation to pitch media.
- Superior writing and editing skills and strong proofreading and grammar skills with a proven ability to create unique and compelling positioning and messaging.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to maintain and grow a social media presence across array of networks and technologies.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Passionate and driven. A demonstrated willingness to roll-up sleeves and do what it takes to drive initiatives to success.
- A foreign language skill French/Spanish/German would be an advantage
All third party CV’s will be sent to Alex Hamilton at Better Placed Recruitment for consideration.